Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality

No Excuses

Couldn't find a thread on either so made a new one. I recently got a PC that is VR capable and was considering either Oculus or the HTC Vive.

Which one does ES recommend? My primary purpose would be to use it for Google Earth VR. I really don't care about VR gaming because I haven't been impressed by anything I've seen so far. But perhaps I am missing out so I'm interested in getting the VR system that offers most potential down the line.

I have a LOT of friends who are VR gamers, I know that you aren't planning on using it for that, so my recommendation would be to try both on and see how they feel. From my understanding both are very good, and will basically depend on the actual specs of your PC. 

I believe the the Rift is still considerably cheaper right now. I can ask around my VR friends for their opinion if you'd like 

The whole VR thing really is dependant on the person and what you are using it for. For me, I love gaming with it and it takes a very good game to pull me away from the headset. That and the time available.

If Destiny was in VR and was the quality of Farpoint, my family would have to send out a search party for me...lol

Archived