Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Final test for Kirk Cousins: Can he win when the going gets tough?

HapHaszard

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, skins island connection said:

Can he do it on his own?  I doubt it, if against a strong team, i.e.; Steelers Pats Seahawks, Falcons.

He needs a supporting cast. Even the greatest QBs had help at one time or another during a season. Outside of GB last year, there really isn't a formidable team that he'd beaten, but it also does hold water to the fact that the defense fell short many times. Now, he may have played well enough to win some of those games, but as I said, it takes a team to beat a good team. Its hard to judge what we have right now until at least mid-season, to see if the defense is for real or if they are the same old bunch.

Well, it appears we HAVE a team now. This was a game where Cousins could have played ho-hum and we still would have won, but he played lights out football. As I said, a great team needs a great supporting cast, not 1 player can do it alone, and the Raiders' dismantling last night showed absolute team unity in all facets of the game.

One game is not a grade, but man did he ace that test in terms of giving an answer.

Game 1: 7th round rookie QB playing the game drunk and spinning wildly fourteen times before each snap of the ball.

Game 2: Hyper conservative game manager. He did well, but no risks.

Game 3: The man.

I absolutely could not believe what I was seeing.  What an overwhelming romp...as Chris & Al said last night, the score didn't even reflect how awesome we played...our defense finally did its job, we started wrapping up and tackling correctly, O-line kept their defenders in check...Kirk was accurate and on time, Doctson can catch!...I could keep going for hours...

In fact, I will...I'm gonna rock my team gear hard today (may even break out the 10 jersey) and harass every stupid Falcons fan....MY QB DIDN'T THROW A SINGLE PICK, MUCH LESS ONE THAT COULD'VE COST THE GAME!!!!!!

Happy, happy Monday!

Hail, y'all!  :1386:

22 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I am not a Cousens or Gruden fan. I think both at best are mediocre. Yes Kirk has had some good games and so had Gruden but either has beat a real good team in 4 years. Last year we had the best receiveing team in the NFL and even my aunt Tilley could complete passes to those guys but this year it is different. Kirk choked in the last Giant game throwing that int at the end. If Kirk can come out and light up the Raiders, Chiefs, or Broncos then I will think different but until that happens my thinking is offer him a contract that reflects his won and loss record against good teams. He should not be paid like Rodgers or Brees. He is not in their league. Paying him elite money will handcuff the team. I say let him walk next year, if he will not accept a fair contract, and spend the money on better Def players and draft a legit 1st rounder like Wentz. I think of the Ravens when after they won the Super Bowl, they overpaid Flaco. To do this they had to release 7 starters from their team. They have not be

en the same since.

It's called "market value."  Have you seen the rest of the QB play in this league?  It's atrocious.  Every competent QB will continue to break the ceiling when it comes time to rework their contract.  Trent Dilfer might be the only example EVER of a team who won a Super Bowl without a good to elite level QB.

16 minutes ago, Kluegs17 said:

It's called "market value."  Have you seen the rest of the QB play in this league?  It's atrocious.  Every competent QB will continue to break the ceiling when it comes time to rework their contract.  Trent Dilfer might be the only example EVER of a team who won a Super Bowl without a good to elite level QB.

Well, at least yesterday he proved that he's better than a 125M dollar QB that played on the opposing team...

Archived