Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Training Camp & Preseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Loved seeing you guys @ Fan Day! ? Anyone get any good pics? ?❤️?

DGfFlmuWAAEK95V.jpg

DGfFlmnWAAEa8dT.jpg

"I want them to lay awake at night and know that I'm coming" #AmericanAssassin ????

#Redskins players caught an early screening of #AmericanAssasin tonight! #TeamBonding

DGgbdS0WAAAPlZl.jpg

DGgbdS4XoAA85Bb.jpg
DGgbdS0XoAAOdb-.jpg
DGgbdS4XYAgJ8hn.jpg

Play of the day: A fade pass to receiver Josh Doctson in the end zone for a five-yard score. It was just a basic pitch-and-catch with quarterback Kirk Cousins, but the Redskins struggled on this route quite a bit in 2016. With the size they have at receiver, it should be a bigger play in 2017. On this play Saturday, the 6-foot-2 Doctson outjumped corner Quinton Dunbar for the catch.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie running back Samaje Perine still must learn how to pass protect in the NFL. But when he runs, he does so with power and always with a forward lean, allowing him to maximize that power. The games will help reveal more about his vision.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: Fifth-round pick Jeremy Sprinkle stands out because of his size at 6-foot-5, 252 pounds. The coaches like how quickly Sprinkle has learned various run-blocking techniques. He's been effective blocking along the line and works hard to both stay low and keep his hands tight. His length helps, too. The Redskins will have a difficult decision at tight end, where they also have veterans Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Niles Paul and Derek Carrier. It could come down to Carrier or Sprinkle.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESP

Overheard at camp: "I see you lost a little weight there Jay Gruden!" A fan during practice to the Redskins' head coach, who indeed has lost approximately 20 pounds. Gruden heard the fan, tapped his belly and smiled as the crowd laughed.

Cameron Worrell's response here is epic :ols::ols: :

Zach Brown just made a nice read on Cousins in 7v7. He's strong in cover. Next play DJ Swearinger makes a play off Colt

Derrick™ Retweeted Lake Lewis Jr

Doctson and Pryor have been abusing our DB's all camp. DB's that bad or WR's that good?

Derrick™ added,

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis
Breeland gets beat by Doctson and on next confrontation tackles Doctson who was about to separate from him. #Redskins

Cousins w an off-script RZ TD pass to Pryor. 8 scrambled and pointed for 11 to turn up, lobbed it over Breeland and Fuller. 11 snatch, score

https://twitter.com/PlzWinDC/status/894297042159378433

Sprinkle making a nice catch over the middle. Again. Two days in a row

Nico Marley & Jonathan Allen just steamed into the backfield for a big pass rush pressure. Jeremy Sprinkle with a outstretched catch in RZ.

1. 0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Josh Doctson leaving practice. Spent the bulk of the session in trainers tent. Gruden checked on him too.

5 replies9 retweets4 likes

Robbie Duncan Retweeted JP Finlay

A noticeable limp...

Receiver Josh Doctson walked with a limp off the field after practice. He injured his hamstring but th severity... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0685955830150864421-4 

Seemed like a hammy, not an ankle, otherwise////// would he even be walking on it.

Replying to @johnnylocal

Yeah the fact that he's walking off on his own is somewhat encouraging.

Towel over his head is NOT encouraging

True. That's not good body language.

Archived