Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check for Some Members

SkinsNumberOne

We lost 24-23 to a team that might be playoff bound, and got a big lift as a QB they can rally around came back late. We lost last week to a team that is almost certainly playoff bound, and it was on a last second TD that could have been called differently. In both games there were fourth down situations. The games were arguably lost on both fourth downs- one dropped punt, one 25 yard pass.

My point is that we were in games with the supposed cream of the NFL. A game where many on this board predicted our offense would be outgunned-- didn't quite turn out that way, now did it?

If we are not competitive or victorious against our division foes in our second meetings I will be very disappointed and perhaps upset. If we can at least be competitive, this is just a step in our rebuilding process, and I will be awaiting next year nervously and excitedly as every year, BUT for the FIRST time in 2 years, I will have expectations. I didn't have much for the past 2 years- yeah, they tricked me a bit in the first couple games this year, but I think some of our problems were present back then, they just didn't balloon as they did midseason, and now I think we are righting the ship.

Let's not be negative. Let's let our team hopefully get it together, and let's look to next year, supporting our team for the rest of this year, and expecting great things next year (PLAYOFFS).

Some of you might want to look at this "positives" thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=41943

I thought all in all we played an alright game. We had the running game going, saw some nice things from Hasselbeck. But unfortunately, losing Ramsey is what really hurt us. In no way could Hasselbeck handle a pressure situation with the crowd as noisy and the intensity as high as it was. I knew for a fact before that last series Hasselbeck just didn't have the experience to get us over the hump.

I admire your ability to find a silver lining. But I've been watching this kind of 'coulda would shoulda DIDN'T' act for 10 years now. It wasn't always this way. We've blown game after game that was in reach. Good teams win the close ones. Whats the difference between us and the Panthers? They win them. We don't. Now you can argue that we're ever so close to being like the Panthers. But the truth is it might as well be the Grand Canyon we're trying to bridge here. The difference between a winning mindset and a losing one might not be a huge one, but it can be an elusive one.

Hasselback did a good job. Its good to know that if we need him in the future, he'll be ready and capable. Beyond that, what is there to say. We're 4-7. We're NOT going anywhere this year. And we've shown nothing that leads me to believe we'll go anywhere next year either.

I think its possible we'll not win another game this year.

Good teams find a a way to win, bad teams find a way to LOSE

Chief that is true and people can continue to spout that whenever someone tries to find a silver lining. But I tend to agree with Skins Number One that we have just been on the short end of some VERY competitive games over the past two weeks. The same way we beat Atlanta and New York in close games, we lost these past two.

Now I agree that we have to learn how to win these games. That's our biggest problem right now is we can't finish off teams. But I kind of see that as the last step in the growing process.

Season 1 we saw some sparks but we were outplayed more often than not.

Season 2 we started playing very well but couldn't quite close the deal.

Maybe Season 3 we'll become a good team??

News Flash to you. The Dolphins are nowhere close to the NFL Elite this season. The Panthers are good, but a Dallas team with little offense found a way to beat them. If you are happy to rout for a team to almost win games, more power to you. I am not.

Craig, I don't think anyone is saying that this would be our choice if we could pick how a team would play. However, what options are there other than to look at the bright side and hope this is leading to a promising thing?

KC Dave, I totally agree. They've made strides from last year in how they play (not record) and next year should be the year they put it together. Let's hope so at least!

Archived