Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Trump Does East Asia Thread

FanboyOf91

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

You have a proposal for another tool to use?  

yeah but no one likes my ideas

instead they're prefer to continue using the tool that has yet to work, to date.

keep backing the kick-the-can-down-the-road policy. eventually we'll be at the end of the road.

Just now, tshile said:

yeah but no one likes my ideas

instead they're prefer to continue using the tool that has yet to work, to date.

Do you wonder why no one likes your ideas?  

And sanctions are, as far as I know, the only tool that has worked, to date.  (Maybe "negotiating, using trade as a tool" is a better term)  

The Korea Chronology, as I understand it, is:  

1)  Clinton successfully used the lifting of sanctions to get NK to shut down the reactor they'd built, to make plutonium.  And to halt construction on the two larger ones they were building.  

2)  W unilaterally reneged on our side of the deal, and called them bad names.  

3)  NK restarted their reactor.  Completed the two they had halted, started them, built weapons, and tested them.  

So, want to know which approach has been proven not to work?  It's the "saber rattling and name calling" method.  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Do you wonder why no one likes your ideas?  

And sanctions are, as far as I know, the only tool that has worked, to date.  (Maybe "negotiating, using trade as a tool" is a better term)  

The Korea Chronology, as I understand it, is:  

1)  Clinton successfully used the lifting of sanctions to get NK to shut down the reactor they'd built, to make plutonium.  And to halt construction on the two larger ones they were building.  

2)  W unilaterally reneged on our side of the deal, and called them bad names.  

3)  NK restarted their reactor.  Completed the two they had halted, started them, built weapons, and tested them.  

So, want to know which approach has been proven not to work?  It's the "saber rattling and name calling" method.  

I'm not really concerned with why no one likes my ideas. We can see the results of their ideas. They're great so far.

Go ahead with your understanding. Let's see how sanctions work.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I'm not really concerned with why no one likes my ideas. We can see the results of their ideas.

Well, some of us can see the results of negotiations and sanctions.  Others prefer to make claims that don't match the facts.  (While not acknowledging that their own proposals are worse.)  

Some of us can also see the results of other proposals.  

Back in Alabama, Moore’s win should give momentum to Bannon’s politics, especially if it encourages more outsider challenges to incumbent Republicans. The day after Moore’s victory, Bannon flew to Colorado to interview candidates in western states to carry the populist mantle in 2018. His effort to steer the GOP toward nationalism, Bannon explains, will involve encouraging candidates to take hard-line positions toward China. “Every day we are going to be making China a huge part of the ’18 and ’20 elections,” Bannon says.

Whether or not Bannon can persuade Trump, the days of assuming the GOP is the party of unfettered free trade are probably over. “The current direction of U.S. politics is headed toward populism, isolationism, and bashing China for good reasons or bad,” Scissors says. “If I were Goldman Sachs or another big bank looking to defend my deal pipeline, I would be worried.”

Looks like Asian Americans are next year's item on the travel ban list.

Getting worried about SE Asia thanks to Myanmar's genocide of the Muslim Rohingya....

Archived