Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E-A-G-L-E-S....suck!!

halter91

Does anyone hate the Eagles as much as me. All moring on my dreadful 45 minute ride to work I had to hear them talk about the f'n eagles. Damn, those Packers...Why couldn't they win?? All this talk about how great they are from all the fraud Eagles fans!! They shouldn't have won 3 of those games. I can't wait till they come in to our house. I hope Lavar end Dmacs season with a wicked blindside hit. Maybe they will have Dmac on a chuncky comercial in a wheel chair!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I had to vent!!!! Anyone else hate them as much as I do?? I even bought a Eagles falg and a can of redspray paint and fixed it up! Don't worry you'll see it at the Sat game!!

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

yep, the Cowboys and Eagles suck, that's why they are 7-2 and 6-3 :laugh:

in the NFL it comes down to the final score not how sexy your attack looks on the highlight films.

the Giants have all this talent on offense and yet are 4-5.

ditto for the 49ers, who have seemingly hit the proverbial speed bump under Dennis Erickson.

what a lame hire, by the way :D

the Eagles are doing what you would expect for a team with a lot of injured players, play inspired football and persevere to get a chance to win at the end :)

I can remember a certain Redskins team or two under George Allen do the same thing on the way to a playoff berth :)

I don't mind the Eagles winning last night. I'd rather see them win the division than the Cowboys.

That said, they are the worst 6-3 team I have ever seen. They keep winning seat-of-their-pants games against lousy competition and have had a far easier schedule than Dallas, who we bash all the time for beating a bunch of patsies.

I am impressed with their ability to eke every single point they can muster out of their beleagered squad, but I don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs. If they make it in, they'll get crushed, and I mean crushed in the first round.

So I wouldn't lose too much sleep over em. :)

no team has had better luck with the bounce of the ball the past two weeks than the Redskins :)

from 4 turnovers in the first 30 minutes from Dallas to the fortuitous pass interference call to negate one of Ramsey's interceptions against the Seahawks, the Skins have been blessed.

that is what makes the Dallas game hurt. you win the takeover battle at this level 4-0 and you should blow a team out.

the talent level in the NFL is just too evenly spread for most clubs to stay in a game when they are giving the opposition that many chances :)

I hate the eagles too!

It sucks but they were smart to exploit the corner that had just come into the game that drive.

It also boils down to Green Bay not being able to sustain the drive prior to the eagles td for more than 3 and out. If they had it would not have been an issue. Green Bay blew it.

I can't believe the Packers let them win that game. The Eagles' passing game is an absolute joke. Corners have to fall down in order for McNabb to hit a receiver farther than 8 yeards up field. Their D is solid, but more porous than last year.

Yes, the final score is all that matters, but it should be clear to most who watched that game that the Packers lost it more than the Eagles won it.

I'm sure our Eagle fan friends will disagree, but I'm really impressed with the job Andy Reid and Jim Johnson are doing this season.

This Eagle team is not very good. Their D, the cornerstone of the team, is being held together with duct tape. The offense is just flat out mediocre, on a good day. And, yet, they keep winning and winning, as if on muscle memory.

That's the sign of a tough team with great character. I don't think they are a contender in the true sense of the word, but I admire what they have accomplished this season. You rarely win 6 out of 7 based purely on luck. There is an underlying determination on this Eagle team that I'd like to see more of from a certain team in DC.

Originally posted by halter91

Does anyone hate the Eagles as much as me. All moring on my dreadful 45 minute ride to work I had to hear them talk about the f'n eagles. Damn, those Packers...Why couldn't they win?? All this talk about how great they are from all the fraud Eagles fans!! They shouldn't have won 3 of those games. I can't wait till they come in to our house. I hope Lavar end Dmacs season with a wicked blindside hit. Maybe they will have Dmac on a chuncky comercial in a wheel chair!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I had to vent!!!! Anyone else hate them as much as I do?? I even bought a Eagles falg and a can of redspray paint and fixed it up! Don't worry you'll see it at the Sat game!!

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Yep, you're a real winner. :rolleyes:

I don't think you'll find anyone on this board professing the Eagles are anything above mediocre this year- not with that wobegone offense. They manage to pull off the games in the last second each week though. They have heart, if anything.

Henry, here is who Dallas has lost to: Bucs, Falcons

Here is who they have beaten: Bills, Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Arizona, Detroit

Here is who the Eagles have lost to: Dallas, Bucs, Patriots

Here is who they have beaten: Bills, Redskins, Giants, Jets, Falcons, Packers.

Therefore, the only difference in schedules thus far is the Eagles played the Patriots and Packers, whereas the Cowboys played the Lions and Cardinals.

I hardly think that constitutes the Eagles having a far easier schedule.

Dallas plays the Patriots next week, so hopefully they'll be 7-3 come next monday.

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

I can't believe the Packers let them win that game.

Yes, the final score is all that matters, but it should be clear to most who watched that game that the Packers lost it more than the Eagles won it.

Absolutely disagree, MAP. That's like saying the Seahawks lost it more than the Redskins won it on Sunday. Everyone with half a brain knows that you blitz the Redskins constantly. Why didn't Seattle? But that's not the point. The Redskins took the game, just like the Eagles did.

If Favre was that hurt, he should have sat. Fewer fumbles and more passing yards may have resulted. So Green doesn't know how to dress for rain - the Eagles certainly tackled the ball. He didn't just drop it.

As was said before, the Eagles D-line is held together by duct tape. 4 of the 8 man initial rotation on DL are out with season-ending injuries. Two pro-bowlers are still missing from the secondary. And Favre wasn't able to shred them? Green did his share.

Mr. Overrated himself, McNabb, was pinpoint accurate on the final drive. The Eagles took that game from the Packers, who figured, as you did (and I), that McNabb and the receivers :laugh: couldn't get it done when it counted.

The Packers had the chance to step it up on D. They didn't. McNabb blistered them.

Surprised the he!! out of me. :) Hail to McChunky and the FB!

Three games with three game winning drives in the fourth. They're making the plays that they need to when the need to. Lord knows it's usually not pretty, but they're winning. The only game thus far that I felt that shouldn't have won is the Giants game where Westbrook stole the W from the Giants.

Dallas has Arizona and Detroit this year and the Eagles have the far easier schedule after starting off with the Bucs, Pats, and Bills (who had two crushing wins before we played them)? I'm not sure I follow the logic there Henry.

Considering the patchwork D and the Jekyl and Hyde O, the Eagles record is nothing short of miraculous right now.

Eh, I remembered it differently I guess. My point is it's not like the Eagles have been out muscling the league heavyweights by two or three points. They've mostly been just barely squeaking by struggling teams at the buzzer.

Still, 6-3 is 6-3. Doesn't really matter how you get there. It sure is better than what the Redskins put together.

Still, despite admirable the effort, I don't see the Eagles making much noise in the playoffs this year.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Legendz, irregardless of that last drive, don't you think McNabb looks horrible this year? I watched last night and wondered over and over how he could beat anyone. He just looks like crap to me.

I thought he looked terrible the first 6 games. The last 3 he has been "OK"- not up to previous standards, but not terrible. Last night, there were at least 7 drops. He had a bad first half but threw for 178 in the second. He still needs to improve, no question about that, but I thought he clearly outplayed Favre last night, and Favre has better WRs.

Good comparison. Favre has always been able to throw "going backwards." He looks like he is falling back when he throws. McNabb looks like that too but it looks the ball hits the dirt. Personally, I thought he was slightly under Favre last night, but he did drive them for the win and Brett fumbled. If I had an expansion team full of playoff-caliber players and needed a QB, I'd take Favre over McNabb even at his age.

Legendz, irregardless of that last drive, don't you think McNabb looks horrible this year? I watched last night and wondered over and over how he could beat anyone. He just looks like crap to me.

I might have missed something but I thought some of his decisions were really good. I don't think it's a small thing to have the presence of mind to know when to pick up and run for the first down versus when to throw it. Also, when Madden and Michaels were saying the Eagles did poor clock management they were completely wrong. The Eagles had perfect clock management, because of the way things were shaping up. They were clearly in a passing situation, and with over a minute left, they didn't want to waste a pass / down with a spike when they definitely needed to pass their way into the endzone.

Perfect clock management, and I thought *some* pretty good decisions by McNabb. I will say his accuracy has been worse this year, and his receivers overachieved last year; quite frankly I have little respect for the Eagles receivers as receivers (they are fast and elusive at least, I'll give them that), so I think this year is more the norm for their production. I know I saw Thrash bounce a couple right off his hands.

McNabb doesn't look great to me but better than how a lot of people talk about him, especially when that defense is getting pressure like that and playing like they were... that's going to be a good test for our OLine, when we play them...

as others have said, when it mattered and they needed it, the Eagles put together a very efficient drive that looked pretty sharp.

It's hard for us Redskin fans to criticize teams that come together late in the game after looking kind of shaky early...

what is lost here is that Green Bay is a flawed team. Like the Redskins they have holes on the DL and in their case the secondary as well and those gaps hit them in the butt last night as McNabb drove the field with little pressure on him or the receivers.

the Eagles are not a dominant team as they were in 2002.

those days are gone as the team has lost some players to injury and to free agent defections.

But they are still a solid team.

and as long as other teams keep giving them opportunities to make plays that professionals should make, I think they will continue to make them :)

Good comparison. Favre has always been able to throw "going backwards." He looks like he is falling back when he throws. McNabb looks like that too but it looks the ball hits the dirt. Personally, I thought he was slightly under Favre last night, but he did drive them for the win and Brett fumbled. If I had an expansion team full of playoff-caliber players and needed a QB, I'd take Favre over McNabb even at his age.

McNabb certainly isn't the most accurate QB in the league, but he made some nice throws in the second half last night. He does have the "happy feet" syndrome. He doesn't throw with his feet planted all the time, and he is sometimes fading back, but lacks the accuracy that Favre usually has to make those throws accurately and hit the WR in stride.

Last night, here is the stat comparison:

Favre: 14-22, 109, 0 TD, 1 INT, 3 Fumbles

McNabb: 15-31, 198, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 Fumbles, 1 Rushing TD, 25 yrd rushing.

Favre is still the better QB and leader, but I think McNabb outplayed him last night.

Archived