Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Patriot Blues - "Just Throw it Baby Brady"...

Red Cloud

Honestly I felt like the Pats put it cruise control after 14-0.  I think if we'd have made it somewhat competitive they would've stepped on the gas and pulled away again.  I never really had a feeling we were ever going to be a threat to them in that game.

Agree. I thought Brady looked bored at times, like it was no challenge to him. I kept thinking how bad we need a pass rusher.

Over matched, over whelmed, over rested,under prepared, unsure, intimidated, by a superior team. 

confidence is EVERYthing, and this team was low on it for this game.

Not on the same level as a VERY confident Patriot team. A bunch of plays were there for the taking, would have made it fun. But they are " Not ready for prime time". Maybe once we run away with a few games the confidence will come, but nothing looks easy  for this team right now.

Just in case of any doubt, I have no problems with the Pats doing the onside kick, in fact I thought it was a brilliant piece of coaching, I loved it. It's the right thing to do.

My point was that doing it demonstrated the Pats don't take their foot off the gas, they go for the throat. Why give the Redskins any hope of a comeback, just pummel them till they submit. So I was using that to suggest that the Pats didn't just coast home, it's not in their nature.

That said, I agree with the sentiment that we didn't challenge them, so who knows what would have happened if we had (although 99% chance they step up and win).

I also agree with TD_washingtonredskins, I think BB would have been disappointed with the Pats performance, even though they won.

Regarding the Baby Brady comment, as one reply said, I was making a half joking reference to Cousins having the potential to end up like Brady. Only time will tell, but I think he has that potential.

I would love to say that the game vs the Saints proved my point, but although Cousins had a great game, the Saints aren't exactly a tough defense, and we need another 5 years of similar performances from Cousins to actually make the comparisons. My point is that I can see the potential, and as a long time Redskins fan, that's a wonderful thing. :)

Archived