Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Maureen O'Hara, spirited movie star, dies at 95

Zguy28

Maureen O'Hara, spirited movie star, dies at 95

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/maureen-ohara-spirited-movie-star-dies-at-95/ar-BBmoLOn?ocid=ansmsnent11

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Maureen O'Hara, the flame-haired Irish movie star who appeared in classics ranging from the grim "How Green Was My Valley" to the uplifting "Miracle on 34th Street" and bantered unforgettably with John Wayne in several films has died. She was 95.

O'Hara died in her sleep at her home in Boise, Idaho, said Johnny Nicoletti, her longtime manager.

"She passed peacefully surrounded by her loving family as they celebrated her life listening to music from her favorite movie, 'The Quiet Man,'" said a statement from her family.

"As an actress, Maureen O'Hara brought unyielding strength and sudden sensitivity to every role she played. Her characters were feisty and fearless, just as she was in real life. She was also proudly Irish and spent her entire lifetime sharing her heritage and the wonderful culture of the Emerald Isle with the world," said a family biography.

Rest at link.

One of my favorite all time actresses. She was such a beautiful and spirited woman. I now will have to go watch the Quiet Man and How Green was my Valley in remembrance.

Interesting fact:  When her third husband died, she became the first female president of a scheduled airline in the U.S. 

That husband was Charles Blair, a transatlantic aviation pioneer who founded Antilles Air Boats, a U.S. Virgin Islands airline.  She married him in 1968 and largely retired from acting.  When he died in a plane crash in 1978, she was elected president and CEO of the airline.

Archived