Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Barry, we're not upset with you, we're upset about the hiring process

Boss_Hogg

The front office may know Joe Barry, but if this is the reason he wins the job, get ready for another laughing-stock. His track record so far sucks. I'd say if you're going to hire a position coach for DC, then Ed Donetell has a much better track record. He ran a very solid secondary in San Fran, which is our weakness here. But then again, we are well known for making the wrong decisions, so maybe we should just stay the course and keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Maybe gambling on another loser like Barry will help Barry, but it's the fans that always end up with the short end of the stick.

Hiring a proven winner is just not how the redskins do business.

Am I the only one who is confused why threads like this are still active or even open? He still hasn't been offered a position, and signs lately seem to point to Vic being our target.

It amazes me that there are some people in here that actually think we hired this guy. I guess people only read what they want to read. That's the world we live in now- drive by posts and reading. Twitter and texting has ruined communication as it once was.

Your policy is better than mine for any other organization in the NFL but honestly, and in retrospect- I am beginning to think we know better. The track record is undeniable.   :)

Right on

Some posters here seem hung up on "fans" and implies posts here have no backbone. I trust some posters here as much as any twitter puppet for the team. 

ES is my go to source on anything skins and bet it is for those posters, too. 

Fact is any potential litmus test is for the football community at large. Dare I think all put together are more knowledgeable than Allen +  Jay.  They may care about sales and look at the fans voice.  Might as well, it dont cost nuttin'. 

Twitter is not limited to us fans, and that is where the leaks are.

I don't know... I just think that most of these guys in the NFL have been in football their entire lives. They've played the game, scouted players, studied schemes, coached, and have risen through the ranks based on decades of doing it.

I'm not sure any of us can claim such experience and advanced learning on the subject. So it's hard for me to claim any of us here know better, unless there are some who've done just that. I know Kdawg has coached for some time now and I'm sure he'll tell you none of us can judge his coaching job or automatically assume his role and do it better, even if we can critique some of the things he may be doing wrong.  

It's like the guy who spends years frequenting websites like webMD... he may certainly have a more advanced knowledge of human biology and medical practices in general, but it will never make him worthy of being an Oncologist. That guy might have an idea about what the best treatment may be for a particular cancer or even be able to point out something wrong with an Oncologist's diagnosis... but were he to actually assume said Oncologist's role there's no doubt he'd get a hundred things wrong whereas the actual expert wouldn't.

So, yeah, we might be right about something here and there. It might seem like we know best at times especially when the experts continuously make bad mistakes... but it doesn't put us on their level at all. If it did, I have no idea why any of us is on Extremeskins right now and not pursuing a job in the NFL. I mean, if it's that easy to do what the heck are we wasting our time here for, lol?

I hear a lot about how player A was highly regarded around here and we could've drafted him, but instead team X did and look, he's more successful than player B whom we opted to draft, instead. So, clearly, we were right.

But I think that's ignoring too many factors at best and completely illogical at worst. We simply don't know how player A reacts and how his career plays out were he to be drafted by us, instead. Maybe our facilities would've changed his successful approach. Maybe our training regimen would've been poorly implemented and he would've got hurt enough to be considered an injury-prone bust. Maybe our coaches teaching methods don't work with his learning style. Maybe his skill set doesn't mesh with the players around him that were largely acquired for another scheme. Etc...  

And it could be vice versa. There may be another player on some other team that would be doing much better with us, instead.      

Honestly, isn't the line of thinking that "we fans and/or the football community know better" exactly what we fault Dan for? Thinking that he could just come in, being a fan, and do just as well if not better than these other organizations that have properly structured Front Offices with the right experts in place?

I mean, the idea that "Dan is one of us" has been perpetrated enough, so I think I can say that it logically flows where anyone claiming "fans know better" is saying "Dan, or any grouping of Dan-types, being just like us, know better", right?  

Now, maybe there's a way to find the fans who have the highest success rate at judging moves and create some kind of data mining algorithm that'll be the foundation for a revolutionary program that can effectively predict the likely outcome of any move... lol, you never know I guess.

All I've wanted was to feel like the right experts were at the top holding their proper titles respective to their fields of expertise, making the decisions that flow through the entire organization in a coherent manner. Not because I think they'll do everything I agree with or that whatever I feel should be done is right, but because I know those who've actually went through years of studying, learning and experiencing the given field (something I haven't done myself) are making those choices and not anyone else.              

That was what the "Let's do something about this" thread we made a couple weeks ago was about really. It wasn't a "we fans know best so do what we say" thread... it was a "we don't know, but we want the guys who DO KNOW and are experts at it to be put in place" thread. 

Archived