Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The price we paid to get RGIII doesn't matter!

Tomel

Anyone who wants RG3 gone immediately should consider how hard it is to get an NFL QB onto our roster, and what we and other teams have paid for a shot at one.

We potentially have one for very little money, so lets see how it plays out.  

The "sunk costs" are no longer a factor, so lets just say we get to try this one more year for his base salary of 3.3M (all other costs are SUNK including his bonus).

Worst case we part ways next year and get nothing or close to it.

Best case is he forces a new contract with his play and we have to overpay him like everyone hoped.

*Edit - A team could put together a solid trade offer based on the low 1 year salary also, so that should be considered.  We usually can't trade anyone because our contracts were historically bad, but this was rookie slotting.  I would want more than a ham sandwich.

I'd rather watch Cousins throw for 4,800, 30 TDs and 30 Ints than throw an overwhelmed RG3 out there to get sacked 85 times and throw 6 TDs.  The Skins will go 0-16 with RG3 and average 12 pts a game.

Uggh.

Do people really talk about the NFL and not know history?

Steve Young started in TB.

He then went to SF where he sat for 4 years behind an Hall of fame QB.

Yeah a poster named SWFL had no idea Steve Young started in Tampa, oh, oh, oh, oh let me think, Is that where Doug Williams is from to?

Sarcasm aside, the point stands, not every QB starts off Hot'n Fresh....but wait...

Great, he threw 8TDs in 5 days 2 yrs ago. He has thrown 2 TDs in 4 games this year, that equates to 8TDs for the entire year. I thought he played great in 2012, however, since then, he has gotten worse, not a little worse but he is horribly worse. What coach? 2 consectutive HCs have benched him 2 years in a row. Besides going to a 100% RO offense, what offense can he run? I am not convinced he could even be successful in 2012's offense now, he has lost his speed, DCs know he can't read defenses quickly and know if they bring pressure, he will fold. In 2012, he was an annomaly, now, everyone knows who he is on the field. That player in 2012 is forever gone and will not be seen again.

Each year his statsget worse and worse. Last season RG3 wasn't as bad as some make it out to be bur still a drop off. This year has been his worse.

I don't think think trading him right away is the answer, an open competition for the position is the way to go.

Archived