Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why didn't we give the Colts three first round pick for Luck?

boobiemiles

We could have offered five 1sts and they wouldn't have taken it.

Hindsight being 20/20 we should have stayed pat, drafted Tannehill, and used our other picks to shore up the lines.

imagine where wed be on offense if we took two 1rst and one 2nd round olinemen, and drafted Tannehill.

Everyone really loved this trade when the Skins made the playoffs in 2012!

This post isn't directed at you. It's directed toward the notion that the team had to do the trade, and also the feeling that the 2012 season justified the trade.

Everyone loving the trade in 2012 isn't relevant because "everyone" isn't comprised of NFL professionals and executives. I have my own career and don't spend my days worrying about how to craft a NFL team. I don't have a staff, the resources, etc. dedicated to helping me do this. Even if I or any other fan begged to consummate the trade, it doesn't matter b/c we're not in the business of crafting a NFL franchise. Clearly this was a bad trade that will likely haunt the Redskins for years. That's not the fault of fans.

I was shocked at the trade but ultimately accepted it as something to give us fans hope b/c we were a laughingstock after the Grossman/Beck season. I almost cried tears of joy after the Redskins beat the Cowboys to win the 2012 NFC East title. Now we are again a laughingstock. Sure, I was happy with the trade after the team won the 2012 NFCE title. Doesn't matter though b/c we suck and my temporary happiness, or any fan's temporary happiness, isn't an excuse for the franchise to make decisions that ultimately set the team further back.

It's the job of professionals to make more right decisions than not. You would have to be delusional to think the Redskins organization doesn't make more poor decisions than good ones. The Griffin trade is a prime and recent example of that. The results couldn't be any clearer.

imagine where wed be on offense if we took two 1rst and one 2nd round olinemen, and drafted Tannehill.

Seriously??? Tannehill is good, but you really think our fanbase would be cool with his performances? You think they'll be patient enough to watch this guy throw interceptions and get destroyed behind this Oline? You do know that he took the most sacks last year, right? Is that his fault or the Dolphins Oline? You people are amazing.

Seriously??? Tannehill is good, but you really think our fanbase would be cool with his performances? You think they'll be patient enough to watch this guy throw interceptions and get destroyed behind this Oline? You do know that he took the most sacks last year, right? Is that his fault or the Dolphins Oline? You people are amazing.

How did you miss almost an entire sentence, of a one sentence post?

Uhh, you missed the part where he mentioned using the other 2 first round picks and 1 second round pick on offensive linemen. So we would have a completely different o-line in the scenario you are responding to. The post wasn't "imagine if we had traded 3 first round draft picks and a second round pick for Tannehill".

In any case, Tannehill is currently the superior QB using objective measures and appears to be progressing as he gains experience. I haven't watched the Dolphins this year so can't comment subjectively on how well Tannehill is playing. 

Archived