Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins vs Cowboys (Final)

NoLeafClover

my very few, and late observations from going to the game

1) colt's control of the offense wasn't given much credit in the broadcast (i rewatched the game on dvr last night). yeah he had a few underthrown balls (most of which still lead to completions), but his confidence and command in the huddle was more apparent at the game

2) cowboys fans stay sitting down in overtime, even when the defense was on the field for our OT drive... not much of a homefield advantage there.. 

3) the stadium is truly breathtaking. wish they built it for fans that actually were into the games...

Mystery, eh? My post may have clouded your mind, but despite strong similarities, I really am not The Shadow (or Keyzer Soze).  :lol:

Jumbo--you're a good man for responding, and no, I never mistook you for Keyzer Soze, althought that would be pretty cool. 

The above quote is more gratuitous and (to me) unintentionally (my assumption) condescending piffle, and merits a "duh", or a Captain Obvious smiley. It adds nothing of value and lessens the conversation.

But I will try to work with it and extend it into a point---just in general per the subjectivity of value judgments and it just being "to you" (or me, in this case, ala whiny and stupid) as in so many things per human behavior, yes, it is basically very subjective though most try to balance that within an "objective" reality shared to some extent with many others. We (the societies we live in) share commonalities in definitions and constructs, just as we will have our differences on them, too. Here I am being Captain What Should Be Obvious.

There's a fair amount of irony here in responding to unintentionally condesncening piffle with unintentionally (my assumption) condescending piffle.  I am assuming the irony was intentional, in which case, well played.

So here we go again---I did not say "the fanbase kind of sucks in their response." I targeted a type of post. I could address the "why I maintain my role" (until the day I don't) but like most of your comments on this, i think it's superfluous to what I posted (one post) and more about you. Just out of curiosity, whenever anyone complains occasionally to you about something that most folks involved would know or agree (in general) "is real" at their work, or in some invested activity, is your go-to line "why not quit?"

And why would you even be concerned about it? I don't remember ever getting any check-ins before from you on my welfare. Gee, maybe you just don't like something that post stirred in you looking at all this---you were widely identified as one of the darker clouds in older times (always understandable).

I just vented (I get to vent too) my reaction to a level and profusion (particularly in context to the actual game) of certain types of posts, as detailed.

More of the same. Just to provide some trivia, my presence on staff was strongly lobbied for by the Old Guard. I resisted at first. Similar dynamics have been the case the times I have thought to depart---but it is all my choice, indeed. Other than that, I'd just be repeating what I have already stated on my roleS on ES--member and moderator. You ever have an ongoing role that had pros and cons and you sometimes note each? durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This is all totally fair; and I will acknowledge in retrospect that my reaction to your post was colored by our interactions over the years--some good, some not so good as you may or may not recall.

I appreciate your use of the "were" when describing me as one of the darker clouds.  If we are going to acknowledge the subjectivity of all internet communications generally, I would use a decription with less of a negative connotation and say that I was, and continue to be, a realist.  With that said, I do think that my excursions to the abyss have significantly decreased over the last few years.  If I'm less of a dark cloud (not quite a ray of sunshine like some of the pollyannas on this board), it may have a lot to do with having children, which matures you in subtle and incredibly obvious ways, and a side effect for me is that I'm much less caught up and my emotions are much less keyed into the Redskins.  In years past, a loss would ruin my week, now I'm in a bad mood for an hour or two, and then I feel fine. 

Did you ever pose the same questions to them in any of those times as to 'why do they do this task' in all these years? 

I am not intending to "defend" my comments or self, or be defensive. I am interested in really highlighting how your thinking is working on all this-- I made one post that was primarily focused on a specific matter in a specific context. You seem to have projected upon it a lot of misplaced lines of thoughts of your own that are about things beyond that particular post.

To me, this was worth taking the time to do for several reasons. Be well, 4eva.  :)

Again, you're a good man for responding.  I jumped on your post for reasons that went beyond the content, and you rightly called me out on it.  I'm not sure I realized in the moment that I was using much of what you wrote as a pretext for other discussions and interactions.  It was extremely passive-aggressive of me, and I apologize for it, but I think it led to a good discussion in any event. 

Same exact sentiment to you, Jumbo.  Be well, and let's rack up some more wins.  I'd like to see a super bowl victory if that's not asking too much before I die :)

Yay!!! What a great win!!!  Thank you for not banning me for life :) I have read the rules and will follow from now on. I should have read them before I posted anything... rules have been a life long problem for me... of course the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it....anyhoo thanks again and HTTR!!

One of my favorite quotes from any movie.  "In the spring we'd make meat helmets" is a line that cracks me up every time.

Would love to finish the season a respectable 7-9, not holding my breath for a 10-6 (2012 type season) but wouldn't complain if that were to take place. lol

Did you guys notice how much the team was firing around on defense and special teams in the beginning of the game? I've noticed that with other franchises and they tend to win while our team never does that. We finally started flying around and hitting everything that moves and getting hyped after tackles and we came away with probably the biggest upset of the season. This feels so good guys don't wake me up from this perfect dream. lol :)

Archived