Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com:Police investigate Cowboys' C.J. Spillman on sexual assault allegations

SWFLSkins

(CNN) -- The NFL, already under a spotlight for its handling of domestic violence cases, now has one of its players under investigation for an alleged sexual assault last month.

A woman has filed a police report accusing C.J. Spillman of sexual assault, said Sgt. Robert Eberling of the Grapevine Police Department.

No arrest has been made and no charges filed in the case. The alleged assault took place on September 20 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel, which is the Cowboys' team hotel, CNN affiliate KDFW reported.

Word of the alleged attack came just days after attorney Gloria Allred held a news conference saying she had a client who was sexually assaulted by an NFL player. Allred didn't name her client, the player, the team he played for or the city where it was supposed to have taken place. She said the player participated in the team's game the day following the alleged assault.

"Did the NFL allow the player to play yesterday with knowledge of the rape allegation?" her Monday letter states. "The NFL Commissioner has been saying that they take allegations of violence against women seriously and they indicate that they are turning over a new leaf, but here, even though a rape allegation should have been reported to them it was not and what are they doing about that?"

The news comes on a week in which Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told players of the team's zero-tolerance policy when it comes to domestic violence, according to local media. If a player is involved in a domestic violence case, they won't play, regardless of due process, The Dallas Morning News reported.

"Part of what our jobs are as coaches is to create the right environment for our players to function both on and off the field," Garrett was quoted as saying.

come on, football players...cant you guys just play football, and, ya know, NOT get yourselves into trouble? maybe just a possibility? i mean, this is becoming embarrassing. its like every other week we're hearing "so and so is under investigation for sexual assault". if its not sexual assault, its child abuse, or domestic violence.

He should be suspended or cut immediately.  I don't know any of the details but he's been accused of something and that should be more than enough reason. 

guilty until proven innocent i guess..how do we even know that the girl is telling the truth?? .if YOU were accused of doing something to a girl, that you didnt do at all, you would want to be innocent until proven guilty, right?

He should be suspended or cut immediately.  I don't know any of the details but he's been accused of something and that should be more than enough reason. 

If guilty he will be.

It's her word right now against his. Ray McDonald was allowed to play after domestic violence and has played all 4 games. Due process.

Like I said, if he's guilty, he's as good as gone.

guilty until proven innocent i guess..how do we even know that the girl is telling the truth?? .if YOU were accused of doing something to a girl, that you didnt do at all, you would want to be innocent until proven guilty, right?

If guilty he will be.

It's her word right now against his. Ray McDonald was allowed to play after domestic violence and has played all 4 games. Due process.

Like I said, if he's guilty, he's as good as gone.

Pretty sure his post was sarcastic.

Who would be accused of witchcraft but a witch?!  If there isn't video of him walking her through an hour long affirmative consent process, it's clear he's a scoundrel of the first order.

Also, since sex means absolutely nothing and is all about fleeting and momentary pleasure, we must treat any instance of ambiguity or potential brusqueness with the commensurate seriousness -- as nothing less than a new Killing Fields.  Spillman.  Pol Pot.  The names change but the horrific passion play of oppression marches on.

Archived