Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Cousins outplaying Griffin?

codeorama

kirk is so good that he cant even fetch a 3rd round draft pick from teams that need QBs badly.  and spare me the "we're holding on to him because hes good" nonsense, we arent.  again, kirk is rex grossman, some wow moments and a lot of horrible moments.

kirk could probably succeed on a team like rex did, ferocious defense, great ST, and a great running game.  of course that can be said about a lot of QBs tho. 

I have no idea why you aren't getting this.  You contend that the last 3 games don't count because they were meaningless.  Tell that to Kirk Cousins.  That was his chance to shine, his big audition that could land him a possible starting spot somewhere else.  He managed a good half against Atlanta, then crapped the bed.  Against 3 bad teams who had also mailed it in he had 7 turnovers.  He has averaged 3 turnovers a game throughout his career and in several of those games he came in late.

Why does this not get through to you?  You continue to cherry pick his few good moments as reason to have him compete with a guy who won OROY and totally dismiss all the bad things Kirk Cousins has done.  And this just in:  there have been more bad games than good ones.  This isn't "favoritism", it's not unfair. It's completely fair and justified.  Teams do not bail on a talent like RGIII to go with the flavor of the month who looked good in preseason. 

I'd like to "wet blanket" this thread for a while.  It's now time to rally around the team and its QB.

Let's wait for at least until after the Houston game before we stir a QB controversy. (asking for more than that is unrealistic.  Heck, if RGIII threw seven tds in the first half against Houston some would still be claiming Cousins would have thrown 10)

For now though, at least until the season begins let's all stand behind our starter. 

Hail to the Redskins!  All of em.  Starters.  Back ups.  Fans.

Archived