Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

vegaschatter.com: Cantor Releases 2014 NFL Season Win Totals

7-9 sounds about right for this team. I think we'll score a lot of points, be fun to watch, and generally be better coached/prepared to play, but significant holes on D and the OL against some real tough teams coupled with a rookie head coach still getting his feet wet means we aren't quite ready for the playoffs.

so, my dad and i for the past few years have been doing regular season record predictions. i would type it up on my phone or laptop. last night we did our predictions during dinner in south carolina. i, as usual, predicted a 14-2 season (cue the "why the heck do you think that????" crowd...im a diehard fan, sue me...) and my dad predicted 10-6, which is more realistic. then my mom wanted to join in, so i went through the schedule with her. she picked 8-8. so we will either be 14-2, 10-6, or 8-8 :)

I bullishly had us down for a double digit win season when Gruden took over based soley on 10 finally having coaches and scheme working with, rather than against him.

But when you factor in the big burgundy and gold comedy show that is this teams defense, which still gives you fits from front to back; 6 or 7 wins seems more likely unless we put up 30 plus points a game.

I suspect Vegas has it bang on the nail.

Hail.

Jason Hatcher and Ryan Clark, veteran leadership where needed. 

I agree with most that we have added talent on both sides of the ball and that a healthier RG3 means this team has the ability to significantly outperform most expectations (except for you guys who are predicting 14-2 - if we end up there I owe you a beer or two). But even the best talent has to be utilized correctly with respect to scheme, getting the ball in the hands of your playmakers, properly exposing mismatches etc. That's where I have to temper my expectations.

A rookie HC, a rookie OC, and Haslet?!? I'm not saying I'm expecting the worst but all things considered the coaching staff is enough for me to take a wait and see approach before proclaiming a 10 win season or a playoff push. All things considered I would be very happy with a 5 game increase from last season and a solid 8-8 season. So I'm predicting just that 8-8.

Archived