Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russell Wilson vs Nick Foles

Riggo-toni

You completely ignored my post after the one you quoted.  What you guys are pretty much saying is that Russel Wilson had no input at all in his first two seasons because they have a great defense? Great logic there.

I didn't say that at all. His job is mostly easy lifting, he almost never has to go out and win games for the Hawks.  Hand the ball off and let the best defense in the NFL win it for you.  As a result, his numbers are very ho hum and not indictive of a great QB.

Sorry, but Wilson is just a glorified game manager. He has a high TD ratio, but as so many other people would say on here: "garbage stats". He rarely throws a pass over 10 yards and he almost always goes for the first read/dump off pass. His receivers should get most of the credit for YAC that pad his stats. He didn't even win MVP in the Super Bowl, when was the last time the QB didn't win the MVP?

Sorry, but Wilson is just a glorified game manager. He has a high TD ratio, but as so many other people would say on here: "garbage stats". He rarely throws a pass over 10 yards and he almost always goes for the first read/dump off pass. His receivers should get most of the credit for YAC that pad his stats. He didn't even win MVP in the Super Bowl, when was the last time the QB didn't win the MVP?

Totally disagree. Especially the part about his receivers getting most of the credit. You mean the two UNDRAFTED ones that caught TD passes in the SB?!

lol. Some things are matters of opinion others are not.

There are factual inaccuracies in your post.

But whatev.

I think you don't understand what a game manager or haven't really watched Rissell Wilson play.

-cheers

• 1 month later...

I watched Russell Wilson in college, and there's no doubt he's a good quarterback. What he's done in the NFL has been nothing short of miraculous considering his size. He's remarkably consistent and doesn't make many mistakes. He's a fundamentally sound quarterback with great instincts that knows the quarterback position. That said he needs to be in the right situation in order to win. He's not going to get better than he is now, and is not going to carry a team. He's a guy put in the right situation won't hurt you. I need another year to see Foles. If he plays this year like he did last, and improves on it, there's no doubt I would take him over Russell for the simple fact he has shown the same intangibles as Wilson, without the physical limitations.

Archived