Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BAD news

HittinSkinz

And Dan Snyder is healthy.

Not sure how this team will ever be good with him as the owner. He's pissed off Spurrier and in the process, has probably turned off many future coaching prospects. (At least Jerry Jones had played big time college football.) I believe this is my rock bottom for the '03 season.

Pissed him off? How? By signing the players Spurrier said he needed?

Some of you guys look to blame Snyder for everything. I blame him for bringing in and keeping Spurrier around. But saying he's the problem because he pissed Spurrier off is ignorant.

He is regularly involved in personnel matters. It has been widely reported by reputable news sources (not just Pete Prisco) that Spurrier expressed displeasure with Snyder being involved in personnel matters.

I think Snyder's involvement and reputation will prevent the Skins from hiring a top level coach once Spurrier quits.

nonsense on the top coaches...there's some future Parcells working as an assistantr coach right now (maybe a NE assistant) who would jump at the opportunity: ML went to the bungles after all. Anything is possible.

Snyder derserves blame for never bringing in an NFl insider to be GM. It's like he and his folks attack bits and pieces of a problem, but never have a strategy that moves them to a complete solution - one that fits the scheme. he needs to move on.......

Would you want to work for Snyder--given the list of teams that will be shpopping for coaches this offseason? Atlanta, San Diego, the Giants...I'll go work for Wellington Mara before I deal with Snyder--yeah, Snyder will offer more money, but that's it.

Originally posted by GGB81

And Dan Snyder is healthy.

Not sure how this team will ever be good with him as the owner.

5 years with

99-'03: 36-35 (so far)

Not good but still a winning record. The only time we were below .500 with him as an owner is when we lost to the Cowboy that first game in '99.

Category: Owners

Answer - "What is 'I don't know but I doubt it'"

Question - Would the Redskins have a better record over the 5 years had someone else won the bidding?

5 years before Synder

'94-'98: 32-47-1

Originally posted by GGB81

He is regularly involved in personnel matters. It has been widely reported by reputable news sources (not just Pete Prisco) that Spurrier expressed displeasure with Snyder being involved in personnel matters.

I think Snyder's involvement and reputation will prevent the Skins from hiring a top level coach once Spurrier quits.

Yesterday it was widely reported that we were looking to trade Gardner and a 2nd rounder for TO. But one look at our cap #s will tell you we could not afford him.

You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between fact based news and rumor.

Archived