Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The F.o. Should Kick The Tires On Lb Martez Wilson, Waived By The Saints.

Audible_Red40

One team's trash could be another team's treasure.

The Saints pretty much had to let someone go as teams were (allegedly) sniffing around their practice squad (Rams?) looking to nab QB Ryan Griffin, who they promoted to their active roster and now have 3 active QB's.  With the return of Johnathan Vilma, I guess Martez was the one to go.

Martez Wilson was being touted as a low 1st, high 2nd round pick in 2011.  I remember some discussions after taking Kerrigan in the 1st, many thought it was a "wasted" pick and we should have waited until the 2nd to take a guy like Wilson.  But they were probably Blaine Gabbert fans LOL.

As far as I know, his neck injury suffered in 2009 is completely healed.

This guy is an athletic freak.  Actually "fell" to the 3rd round where the Saints used the pick from us (in the Jamal Brown deal) to select him.

Plug this dude on special teams!!!  Replace him with Nick Barnett who has done "diddly poo" (in my best Jim Mora voice) recording only 3 solo tackles this year.  Wilson can play all LB positions and has the build/speed to be a situational rusher, but is suited for ILB.

washington-redskins-vs-new-orleans-saint

I remember Wilson coming out of Illinois I thought he was a good prospect.  Not sure why he has not had a shot yet but if his head is screwed on right it would not hurt to bring a guy, with his physical skillset, in for a look. 

3 years, 3 coordinators, 3 different positions, all starting as a rookie.

But special teams in his "back up" learning role.

Whats Barnett's problem? You actually been watching him on Specials? 

I'm saying replace him with Barnett at the LB position (roster spot), because Barnett has done squat for us, and let Wilson play special teams too, something that Barnett doe not do well.  I believe he is on kick-off coverage.

M. Wilson is a fast and would be worth a look... but the last person you should cut for him is Nick Barnett... Barnett is the coverage linebacker against tight ends which seems to be hard for us to do at the moment. You would cut Josh Hull, recently picked up LB, if it had to be anyone... not someone who knows the system.

I'm saying replace him with Barnett at the LB position (roster spot), because Barnett has done squat for us, and let Wilson play special teams too, something that Barnett doe not do well.  I believe he is on kick-off coverage.

Oh, okay, I hear you. That makes sense.

I wonder if we are done making moves ...I would think we are going need more depth at safety, but getting this kid woulnd't hurt especially with London having one foot out the door.

Oh, okay, I hear you. That makes sense.

I wonder if we are done making moves ...I would think we are going need more depth at safety, but getting this kid woulnd't hurt especially with London having one foot out the door.

And Keenan have a two pecs out the same :lol:

Sorry... couldn't resist...

Archived