Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "everything" Rafael Edward "ted" Cruz Thread

@DCGoldPants

it seems rather obvious he was using a prior example of persecution....to me.

Predicto....didn't play along?....ya mean booed a speech at a conference on tolerance  :rolleyes:

So instead of giving prior examples of Christian persecution he focused on Jewish persecution - which led to the creation of Israel  - which that audience clearly sees as a persecutor and oppressor today?

Way to know your audience, Mr. Champion Debater.

So instead of giving prior examples of Christian persecution he focused on Jewish persecution - which led to the creation of Israel  - which that audience clearly sees as a persecutor and oppressor today?

He wasn't there to win a debate.  He was there to get soundbites for American Christian conservatives to hear.

And he succeeded.

Perhaps because he came to a conference about tolerance, with a speech about supporting an apartheid government?

Just a theory.

a very religious tolerant one..... tolerance there is in short supply,as are manners obviously. :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to here where he would go in the speech w/o the boos

odd some there would see them as persecutors and oppressors of Christians....oh wait , you mean persecutors and oppressors of something besides what the conference was about.

what better example would you offer?

odd some there would see them as persecutors and oppressors of Christians....oh wait , you mean persecutors and oppressors of something besides what the conference was about.

what better example would you offer?

A better example of a place where persecuted Christians can look to for hope?

That's a toughie.....

Hmmmmm......

I would go with........

USA! USA! USA!

Unless you want to do what Predicto suggested - create a soundbyte to play to Evangelicals in Iowa in South Carolina in 2016 - one wouldn't go in front of a room filled with a lot of Arab Nationalists and talk about the glory of Israel.

Unless, again, the point was to create red meat for Evangelicals who love Israel and are going to think that was a room full of Muslims anyway. Most of the people in that room were probably - more or less - all right with the Hussein and Assad regimes. Christians could practice in those countries as long as they didn't make waves.

American Evangelicals no more understand the churches in the Middle East than they do quantum physics.

I grew up a American, that make me qualified to speak for ya'll?

Israel is UNDOUBTEDLY a beacon of freedom for Christians in the region, amazing what some want to overlook .

the Arab nationalists are apparently putting that before the Christian persecution issue.

Israel is UNDOUBTEDLY a beacon of freedom for Christians in the region, amazing what some want to overlook .

Clearly that is not the case as Christians from the region where booing the very idea of that.

This is why I am criticizing American Evangelicals. They have warped the idea of Israel - a country created as a homeland for a terribly oppressed minority - into some kind of totem of Biblical prophecy. And then, in further madness, they take the leap from this very specific American Protestant view of Christianity (I have never heard a Catholic speak about Israel as reverently as American Protestants from the South do) and they foist that idea on everyone else - including American Jews.

American Jews do not necessarily agree with Ted Cruz's views on Israel. So why does he (or you) presume that Arab Christians would?

Clearly that is not the case as Christians from the region where booing the very idea of that.

This is why I am criticizing American Evangelicals. They have warped the idea of Israel - a country created as a homeland for a terribly oppressed minority - into some kind of totem of Biblical prophecy. And then, in further madness, they take the leap from this very specific American Protestant view of Christianity (I have never heard a Catholic speak about Israel as reverently as American Protestants from the South do) and they foist that idea on everyone else - including American Jews.

American Jews do not necessarily agree with Ted Cruz's views on Israel. So why does he (or you) presume that Arab Christians would?

weren't they booing because they were letting nationalistic issues intrude?

many evangelicals certainly have a warped view of Israel,just as many Arabs do.....both can be guilty of focusing on other matters than the Christian persecution the conference was addressing.

booing at a conference calling for tolerance is not kosher and is probably haram. ;)

booing at a conference calling for tolerance is not kosher and is probably haram. ;)

Admiring how many times you seem to feel like pointing out that booing at a conference is some horrible breach of manners, whereas leading a cheer for an apartheid nation at the same venue, you're cool with.

Admiring how many times you seem to feel like pointing out that booing at a conference is some horrible breach of manners, whereas leading a cheer for an apartheid nation at the same venue, you're cool with.

Admiring your objection to his example of a religiously persecuted people embracing religious freedom for all.(despite their failings elsewhere)

Same blind spot some of those booing while tolerating Assad/Hezbollah's excesses ?

Do you think the booing proper in that setting?

It is comical

why is one more tolerable?

i love it... cruz PURPOSELY lobs a hand grenade to get the exact reaction he did... and TWA immediately falls into marionette mode.

ed67d23f9ea6cd1f5819366cbcc6a98c.jpg

what would you think of an individual that chose to bring a picture of a blood and urine drenched crucifix to a christian ministry convention?    hell... he's just "promoting art" ..... who can be mad at the promotion of art?

Admiring your objection to his example of a religiously persecuted people embracing religious freedom for all.(despite their failings elsewhere)

Ah, I see we've run from trying to pretend that "well, they don't discriminate against Christians" somehow qualifies then for the label of "tolerant", to outright falsehood.

Oh, wait, let me guess.  "Well, they allow other religions to exist, they just don't allow them to own property".  Is that the next attempted deflection?  Or were you thinking more along the lines of "They don't discriminate against the Palestinians religion, they discriminate against their race"? 

are you claiming they cannot own land in Israel O Truth Seeker?.....or just playing games as usual 

MYTH

“Israeli Arabs are barred from buying land in Israel.”

FACT

In the early part of the century, the Jewish National Fund was established by the 
 to purchase land in Palestine for Jewish settlement. This land, and that acquired after Israel’s 
, was taken over by the government. Of the total area of Israel, 92 percent belongs to the State and is managed by the Land Management Authority. It is not for sale to anyone, Jew or Arab. The remaining 8 percent of the territory is privately owned. The Arab Waqf (the Muslim charitable endowment), for example, owns land that is for the express use and benefit of Muslim Arabs. Government land can be leased by anyone, regardless of race, religion or sex. All Arab citizens of Israel are eligible to lease government land.

In 2002, the Israeli Supreme Court also ruled that the government cannot allocate land based on religion or ethnicity, and may not prevent Arab citizens from living wherever they choose. 

Meanwhile, in 1996, the 
 (PA) Mufti, Ikremah Sabri, issued a 
fatwa
 (religious decree), banning the sale of Arab and Muslim property to Jews. Anyone who violated the order was to be killed. At least seven land dealers were killed that year. 

On May 5, 1997, 
 Justice Minister Freih Abu Middein announced that the death penalty would be imposed on anyone convicted of ceding “one inch” to Israel. Later that month, two Arab land dealers were killed. A year later, another Palestinian suspected of selling land to Jews was murdered. The PA has also arrested suspected land dealers for violating the Jordanian law (in force in the West Bank), which prohibits the sale of land to foreigners. 
 An Islamic judge renewed the 
fatwa 
barring Palestinians from selling property to Jews in 2008 and, as recently as June 2010, a Palestinian was imprisoned for 10 years on charges of selling land to Israel. 

are you claiming they cannot own land in Israel O Truth Seeker?.....or just playing games as usual

Funny, I seem to recall reading, several times, that since Israel seized Jerusalem, Israeli policy has been that it is illegal for any non-Jew to acquire land in Jerusalem. That non-Jews were allowed to retain land they already owned (unless they fled the invading Army, in which case, well, they just voluntarily gave their land to the Israeli government, and for free, too.)

But that, even if they did not flee from the war, then, when they die, that land is required, by law, to be sold to a Jew.  The land owner's children cannot even acquire the land through inheritance. 

But I'm not finding it with a quick Google. 

(Although I am finding some things which I wasn't aware of.  Like the fact that only 6.5% of the land in Israel is privately owned, at all.  All of the rest is either owned by the government, or by a private trust, both of which are required to lease (but not sell) that land, exclusively to Jews.) 

Says the guy who's probably made four posts complaining about the crowd's failure to follow proper manners, thus justifying The Offended One's fleeing the stage.

strangely enough no one ever answered if booing was proper.....wonder why

Fleeing?  :lol:

Did somebody say Israel is a model for tolerance? They could have fooled me.

a model for religious tolerance....the other stuff tends to set em off, though they exhibit more than I would in their shoes

perhaps ya missed that word. ;)

Archived