Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's That Sound?

RiverboatGambler

We have two wins, against Josh Mccown and Matt Flynn.  While the offense is improving each week i wouldn't say we played a great game.  

I didn't see you out there, what number are you again? 

--sorry it always gets me when posters say "WE". 

On to other news, thankfully I wore my RAK jersey to Costco and had a bunch of Bear's fans pointing and poking, my son just keep saying R-G-III under his breath, lahhahahaaaa. happy day!

I didn't see you out there, what number are you again? 

--sorry it always gets me when posters say "WE". 

On to other news, thankfully I wore my RAK jersey to Costco and had a bunch of Bear's fans pointing and poking, my son just keep saying R-G-III under his breath, lahhahahaaaa. happy day!

Ive been watching this team for 25 years and devoted for 20. I have a lot of time invested in this team over those years and I say "We" as well when talking about the redskins :).

glad we pulled out a gutsy win.  the offense finally got rolling & against a pretty good defense, though one that seems to be on a decline.  i've been beating the heck out of the Hurry-up Offense drum to the point where my hands are sore & it seems like the coaches are finally giving in to what's otherwise obvious.  RGIII is meant to run this type of offense.  he's smart enough to make pre-snap reads & win the game before the play starts.  he'll continue to get better during the play as he learns more about NFL defenses, but running a no-huddle (especially how we like to stretch the defense side-to-side a few plays to get the d-line tired) will only further serve, not only to disrupt the opponents pass-rush, but...as they get tired, they now have to deal with super-fast RGIII & his escapability.  it's a recipe for disaster for opposing defenses.  especially the way AlMo bangs out tough yards.

i though the defense came in with a game-plan & were looking more than capable of executing it.  but losing Doughty hurt us, the penalties killed us (once again), & i think it was also a case of when we knocked Cutler out, we were dealing with a QB we had little-no tape on & was more willing to throw underneath than Jay is.  we got caught trying to do too much after Jay left the game & stopped playing the way we game-planned & letting the game come to them. 

special teams is still...well...special, & we REALLY need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties.  especially the dumb, unnecessary holding penalties that have killed otherwise productive drives & others before they even get going.

Fletcher seems to be getting better at attacking the hole, which i see to be more a result of Jenkins being back.  D-Hall has stepped up big-time & he's got his work cut out for him again as i assume he'll get D-Thomas detail this week. 

we're definitely getting some mojo back, but i really would feel so much better had we not let McCown mop the floor with our defense in that 2nd half.

i have trouble seeing how we'll have any success getting Manning & co. off the field with any consistency, but luckily...if we can continue to improve offensively & even run the ball vs. Denver's D, i am starting to believe that we can score with anybody.

the keys will be not committing dumb penalties & bad turnovers, & being able to have success running against their base D.  if we can do those 3 things, i think we have a real shot against anybody in this league.

the most frustrating thing for me is that we have the players to be way more effective on D...but our coverage schemes absolutely blow.  once a decent coaching staff gets a whiff of our coverage gameplan, or worse...a good QB (see Aaron Rodgers & Peyton Manning), & they start countering our whole week's worth of scheming...the wheels start to fall off & we can't seem to slow down any sort of passing game.  i'd like to see more A-gap & overload blitzing...especially vs. Manning & co. this week.

all told...i'll take the improvement.  the offense is starting to hum...& it all starts with letting RGIII take over the reigns as i've been screaming since week 1.

Amen... God willing the silence remains and the second guessing of everything continues to lack an audience. That could only mean good things for all of us. 

So many likes to give out in this thread but I'm out of them for today! 

Archived