Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Budget Fight: Will The Clean Continuing Resolution See The House Floor?

Fergasun

Missing the old "munchout" smiley.

May you live in interesting times.

Well 17 Trillion and counting is interesting

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/18/us-debt-jumps-400-billion-tops-17-trillion-first-t/

The giant jump comes because the government was replenishing its stock of “extraordinary measures” — the federal funds it borrowed from over the last five months as it tried to avoid bumping into the debt ceiling.

Under the law, that replenishing happens as soon as there is new debt space.

I see they use my wife's accounting scheme  :rolleyes: 

IRS paid out $132 billion in bogus tax credits over last decade

The IRS paid as much as $13.6 billion in bogus claims for the Earned Income Tax Crediticon1.png last year, according to a report the agency’s internal auditor released Tuesday morning.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration said it warned the IRS in 2011 that it was making the erroneous payments, but two years later the agency hasn’t fixed the problem.

Over the last decade, the IRS could have paid out as much as $132.6 billion in improper payments.

• 3 weeks later...

Time: Here’s How Much The Government Shutdown Cost The Economy

$24 billion. 

That’s according to an estimate from Standard & Poor’s. The financial services company said the shutdown, which ended with a deal late Wednesday night after 16 days, took $24 billion out of the U.S. economy, and reduced projected fourth-quarter GDP growth from 3 percent to 2.4 percent.

Not much more at the link.  The whole article is like four paragraphs. 

But, I bet they're actually working on a bipartisan budget deal, now.  So it won't happen again in a few months.  Right? 

Time: Here’s How Much The Government Shutdown Cost The Economy

Not much more at the link.  The whole article is like four paragraphs. 

But, I bet they're actually working on a bipartisan budget deal, now.  So it won't happen again in a few months.  Right? 

Repubs don't need to shut it down again.  They have enough ammo with the Obamacare screw up to win the next election.

So, you're predicting that there won't be another round of demands, another set of artificial crises, and all of that stuff? 

Or, you think we'll have all the theatrics, just without the actual shutdown? 

I think they they learned their lesson.  Well at least I hope they did.  I think the theatrics will ensue, but not sure what they could possibly bargain for a second time around.  Killing Obamacare didn't work out so well for them.

I think they they learned their lesson.  Well at least I hope they did.  I think the theatrics will ensue, but not sure what they could possibly bargain for a second time around.  Killing Obamacare didn't work out so well for them.

They appear to be going back to Bengazi outrage now.

Archived