Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Hitting Up H Street Festival Today?

BraunMan92

Festival? For what?

10 years ago, the H Street corridor was populated almost exclusively by minority-owned businesses and lower income residents. That's been changing fast, as the poor are getting pushed out toward the suburbs.

So the new businesses sponsor a celebration to introduce themselves to the middle class 20-somethings looking for food, drink, and entertainment. The message: "Come back! Bring cash!"

Just like Adams Morgan Day, but with fewer muggings.

I worked on H Street until about a year ago, the area certainly is different post construction of the Verizon Center.  I'll be really interested to see what all goes into the City Center development once it is completed, that construction was across the street from my old office and a constant racket until we moved.

10 years ago, the H Street corridor was populated almost exclusively by minority-owned businesses and lower income residents. That's been changing fast, as the poor are getting pushed out toward the suburbs.

So the new businesses sponsor a celebration to introduce themselves to the middle class 20-somethings looking for food, drink, and entertainment. The message: "Come back! Bring cash!"

Just like Adams Morgan Day, but with fewer muggings.

Sounds boring

Archived