Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skip Baseless Gets Some Air Time On Espn.com

Dub70s

Skip is probably right when he says Shanahan didn't want RGIII. He actually gets that source from Stephen A. Smith, who states this repeatedly on First Take when there is a topic about RGIII. Stephen A. has very good sources and is usually right about stuff, at least for the NBA. 

But Skip is right on the money when it comes to the read option. Being a pocket passer can be just as dangerous as being a read option QB, and our offense was so effecteive when he ran it last season. Why remove something from the playbook that you had so much success with?

People in this thread actually believe a coach would trade three first round picks and a second round pick for a guy he didn't want? I mean seriously?

Yes. Seriously (not me :blink:).

You should never become immune to amazement with we humans, especially we of the NFL fan variety.  :lol:

Skip Bayless' job on ESPN is to bring in ratings by stirring up controversy.  It's what Rob Parker was trying to do and it's what Bayless and Smith do on First Takes. 

I'm not sure how anyone can take anything he says seriously.  Think about the timing of this article.  The Redskins are losing.  If the Redskins were winning, would he have written this?  Just think about the claims he is making.  Shanahan, who has complete control, just went along with the idea of giving up so much for RG3 if he didn't want him?  And he didn't want McNabb to begin with?  SO Shanahan doesn't have control like we thought?  Doesn't seem right.

And since the Redskins are losing, RG3 isnt' completely healthy (or whatever), on top of the highly publicized offseason he is THROWING FULE ON THE FIRE in order to create controversy and get people talking and to GET RATINGS.  If the Redskins were winning, no one would put any credence to what he is saying.

These are part of the lumps and crap we have to deal with until they can right the ship.

Archived