Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn: Robert Griffin Iii Report: Better Mechanics

A little silly of Jaws, a man who lives for film, to try to make an evaluation off just a few warmup passes.  Which he even admits may not give an accurate picture of where RG3 is right now.  But...

He knows so much more about mechanics (and quarterbacking, and football generally) than I do it's ridiculous.  And he puts in a lot of time in the film room.  If he says he saw a difference, I'll take that at face value.  And maybe the difference is significant and maybe it's not.  But he's got more than enough cred to put his opinion out there. 

The attacks against his ability (again, as an evaluator of film) are getting a little out of hand, imo

Are we still talking about this statement?

If anything Wilson was playing at schematic disadvantage for 10 weeks. And still put up excellent numbers.

The read option might have been a schematic advantage until the ball leaves RGIII's hands. At that point it is still on the QB to make the necessary reads & throws.

Okay. So you agree the read-option offers a schematic advantage. Then if you compare 2 QBs and 1 QB played with the read-option for 15 games and the other played with the read-option for only 6 games. Then wouldn't the QB playing without read-option be at a schematic dis-advantage for those 10 games?

My point here is that it doesn't make sense to couch Wilson's numbers by saying his numbers were bumped up after Seattle added read-option when Griffin was using read-option every game.

Jaw's didnt say anythign wrong here.  I agree with him and Gruden.  All Jaws said was, you dont go looking for a new QB when the QB you have now is one year removed from Rookie of the year.  I agree.

But Gruden was right as well.

Actually, the Rams would have been foolish to NOT consider options to move Bradford if they could have gotten Luck or RGIII (which they could have done).  The salary cap savings had to make that a real consideration, EXCEPT the fact that teams at the top of the draft weren't willing to take on that salary when they could get a cheaper, similar model.  Gruden was more right  ;-)

Archived