Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking back at the Jordan Black suspension and i have a question.

timitim

I was looking back at all the suspensions that the redskins have sufered since the 2011 season and was drawn to the Jordan Black case. I was reading an article where he appeared on the ESPN 980 show and it was the following comment that struck me.

"It is a system that, instead of having someone that can take a look at
all the information and make a logical decision based on the information
that’s there, they instead have an attack-dog attorney who tries to
mischaracterize a person and put labels on them like a doper or whatever
in order to find the player guilty. I mean, I had no chance from the
beginning."

Does anyone know who this attack dog attroney is that he is refering to and how many of the cases he has spearheaded against us?

References will be helpful as well.

i don;t know if these test are that accurate or if they just not looking at all the info. available ,it seems like it can boil down to regular food ingredients our grandmothers used in food eventually.  Watch  out for that parsley ,,sage ,rosemary and thyme it might get you in trouble with the food police . :rolleyes:

Prob a connection to John Mara...

Players that eat whole foods should have no concern for getting tested...

When a player consumes a supplement, they have to know what they're putting into their own bodies.  Some of these supplements are mislabeled and include chemicals not listed, however the NFL policy is well-known concerning those circumstances. 

Could you imagine if it was that easy to get out of?... a player testing positive for a masking agent could just claim they took the supplement that included the masking agent but did not list it...

BTW, I haven't been on here very frequently since the website change and I had no idea you can make your own avatar... cool

the thing with the Jordan Black case is that he was flagged for Aderrall...the trend PED in the NFL.  here's where it becomes dubious:

1) he has a Dr's prescription because he sufferes from ADHD.  Dr's prescriptions for certain drugs are exempt from the NFL's substance abuse policy as long as the proper paperwork is filed.

2) i can't remember exactly the case (different stories backlogging the mind), but it was either that his paperwork was filed like a day late or something or that the wrong paperwork was filed & then subsequently correctly filed.  in either case...his usage was approved, but his appeal was denied based solely on procedural grounds.

3) his announcement of a failed test & subsequent punishment was done IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Redskins announced the injury to Tyler Polumbus (concussion i believe), during the week following the Ravens game....you know...when we might need all of our protection since RGIII was gonna miss at least 1 game & the Gnats were still in playoff contention.

4) he was denied appeal for an EXTREMELY logical reason...yet, at the 11th hour, just before he was due to play against us in the playoffs on the road...Richard Sherman won his appeals process on MUCH MORE DUBIOUS GROUNDS.

5)  Mara is the head of the competition committe....a gross conflict of interest imho, raising multiple bright red flags.

these factors all make the Jordan Black case very suspicious about the fairness of the process for me.  think ahead to now with Jarvis Jenkins & how his appeals denial comes IMMEDIATELY after we announce the injury to Adam Carriker.

i'm not sayin'...i'm just sayin'

About out to nemocystem.

Great points. What I found shocking about this case was after Black stepped in to cover an injured Polumbus and does a phenomenal job against Cleveland then no more then 48 hours later he is popped for a prescription medication that the league knew he had been taking for year and according to Black actually approved up until that game.

Fishy goings on behind the scenes in the NFL

the thing with the Jordan Black case is that he was flagged for Aderrall...the trend PED in the NFL. here's where it becomes dubious:

1) he has a Dr's prescription because he sufferes from ADHD. Dr's prescriptions for certain drugs are exempt from the NFL's substance abuse policy as long as the proper paperwork is filed.

2) i can't remember exactly the case (different stories backlogging the mind), but it was either that his paperwork was filed like a day late or something or that the wrong paperwork was filed & then subsequently correctly filed. in either case...his usage was approved, but his appeal was denied based solely on procedural grounds.

3) his announcement of a failed test & subsequent punishment was done IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Redskins announced the injury to Tyler Polumbus (concussion i believe), during the week following the Ravens game....you know...when we might need all of our protection since RGIII was gonna miss at least 1 game & the Gnats were still in playoff contention.

4) he was denied appeal for an EXTREMELY logical reason...yet, at the 11th hour, just before he was due to play against us in the playoffs on the road...Richard Sherman won his appeals process on MUCH MORE DUBIOUS GROUNDS.

5) Mara is the head of the competition committe....a gross conflict of interest imho, raising multiple bright red flags.

these factors all make the Jordan Black case very suspicious about the fairness of the process for me. think ahead to now with Jarvis Jenkins & how his appeals denial comes IMMEDIATELY after we announce the injury to Adam Carriker.

I like where you are going with that because I hate Mara as much as the next person. The real fact of the matter though is that the Redskins were notified months ahead of the actual suspension to Jenkins at the end of March. If you'll notice, this is about the time they resigned Golston.

This is the case with all suspensions in the nfl. They are not announced until the appeal is final, which just happened with Jenkins.

The reason we heard about Sherman's before the appeal is because it was leaked by the media and not announced by the nfl.

the thing with the Jordan Black case is that he was flagged for Aderrall...the trend PED in the NFL. here's where it becomes dubious:

1) he has a Dr's prescription because he sufferes from ADHD. Dr's prescriptions for certain drugs are exempt from the NFL's substance abuse policy as long as the proper paperwork is filed.

2) i can't remember exactly the case (different stories backlogging the mind), but it was either that his paperwork was filed like a day late or something or that the wrong paperwork was filed & then subsequently correctly filed. in either case...his usage was approved, but his appeal was denied based solely on procedural grounds.

5) Mara is the head of the competition committe....a gross conflict of interest imho, raising multiple bright red flags.

these factors all make the Jordan Black case very suspicious about the fairness of the process for me. think ahead to now with Jarvis Jenkins & how his appeals denial comes IMMEDIATELY after we announce the injury to Adam Carriker.

I like where you are going with that because I hate Mara as much as the next person. The real fact of the matter though is that the Redskins were notified months ahead of the actual suspension to Jenkins at the end of March.

This is the case with all suspensions in the nfl. They are not announced until the appeal is final, which just happened with Jenkins.

The reason we heard about Sherman's before the appeal is because it was leaked by the media and not announced by the nfl.

Players are notified by the nfl of their suspensions usually 1-2 months before they actually are official all because of appeals.

I like where you are going with that because I hate Mara as much as the next person. The real fact of the matter though is that the Redskins were notified months ahead of the actual suspension to Jenkins at the end of March.

Players are notified by the nfl of their suspensions usually 1-2 months before they actually are official all because of appeals.

The samething with the Black suspension and Polumbus injury. Because of the appeal process, the team knows that the person is going to be suspended prior to the announcement. The timing between him possibly starting the next week and the actual announcement was just conincidence.

And all of that assumes you believe his story and that he was being punished for Alderall (which the league doesn't state).

Archived