Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzzfeed: Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done?

No Excuses

So Fox News, like most Christians I know, have no idea that Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

SMH, not surprised really. Most of America lives in a bubble.

Jesus isn't just a prophet in Islam, he's a major ****ing figure. And their end day beliefs (Jesus coming back to fight the anti-Christ, all that) is almost identical to most Christians.

Community college I went to was in a rural area. This is about five years ago. Public speaking class, decided to do my final speech on Islam. I had actually used to attend a jumuah prayer. Just as an observer. I'd sit in the back and listen and then talk to the Imam and ask him questions afterward for about an hour (Just trying to make the best of a ****ty situation and get something positive out of it (and probably ended up saving my ass--tip, Muslims make good friends).) Did that for a year.

So yeah, I thought I knew a good amount. And SHF actually helped me with it too (thanks buddy :)) . I tried keeping the speech as basic as possible. Man, you could've heard a pin drop after I gave that speech. I got a couple of questions afterwards. It's absolutely shocking how little people know about Islam. Especially considering our recent wars and everything.

Why bother?

they don't get it, they absolutely dot WANT to get it, their audience doesn't want to hear them be wrong, why feed into their ridiculous narrative?

Why would anyone with any sense subject themselves to being on the other side of whatever it is they've already decided? their audience won't listen, they'll boo and jeer like a professional wrestling crowd.

it's a waste of time.

~Bang

Fox' tactic does not always work as planned and can and does backfire.  CBS and Dan Rather (specifically) back before we had the 24 hour news cycle let alone Fox news blasted Reagan at every opportunity yet he won in the biggest landslide victory in my lifetime.  I despise the mis-information Fox News, Limbaugh/Hannity spew and discount most everything they put out out there.  Unlike here in the TG were there are spirited political discussions - they shut down opposing positions, which I interpret as them being to inept to back up their position/accusations in most cases.

Fox' tactic does not always work as planned and can and does backfire. CBS and Dan Rather (specifically) back before we had the 24 hour news cycle let alone Fox news blasted Reagan at every opportunity yet he won in the biggest landslide victory in my lifetime. I despise the mis-information Fox News, Limbaugh/Hannity spew and discount most everything they put out out there. Unlike here in the TG were there are spirited political discussions - they shut down opposing positions, which I interpret as them being to inept to back up their position/accusations in most cases.

What disturbs me is how much some people absolutely SWEAR by Fox News. It's insane. I got folks on both sides of the family who watch nothing else. And it's absolutely impossible to have any type of discussion with them about politics or general current events. It's like all they can do is repeat what they heard on Fox and if the discussion goes beyond that, they have nothing to say. And they get so defensive if you criticize Fox even a bit. It makes no sense. It's like Fox is a loved one or something and it's them against the world. Why? That's what I want to understand. Why are they such strong believers (and defenders) of Fox? What is it about that station that makes them latch on so tightly? Why don't they listen if you try to tell them the truth and it goes against what they heard on Fox? Why?

It sucks because I've long said that I don't take anyone who is a Fox News fan seriously. It sucks to feel that way about family. It is what it is though.

What disturbs me is how much some people absolutely SWEAR by Fox News. It's insane. I got folks on both sides of the family who watch nothing else. And it's absolutely impossible to have any type of discussion with them about politics or general current events. It's like all they can do is repeat what they heard on Fox and if the discussion goes beyond that, they have nothing to say. And they get so defensive if you criticize Fox even a bit. It makes no sense. It's like Fox is a loved one or something and it's them against the world. Why? That's what I want to understand. Why are they such strong believers (and defenders) of Fox? What is it about that station that makes them latch on so tightly? Why don't they listen if you try to tell them the truth and it goes against what they heard on Fox? Why?

Because Fox tells them what they want to hear.  It reinforces their worldview, while telling them that only Fox understands things the way they do.  People like them are inherently good and honest and trustworthy and the "other" people different than them are bad and dishonest and scary.   Fox can be trusted to tell them the down home truthiness that they need to hear.

(look up truthiness if you don't get the reference)  

It sucks because I've long said that I don't take anyone who is a Fox News fan seriously. It sucks to feel that way about family. It is what it is though.

I should also add that according to Nielson, the median age of Fox News viewers is an astounding 68 years old.  

Archived