Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brad Johnson Vs patrick Ramsey

HittinSkinz

Originally posted by codeorama

Ramsey, no question. It took Johnson 100 years to be a decent qb, Ramsey is on the verge of superstardom.

Opie is a good QB for the WCO that he runs but would be a fish out of water in the FnG.

Patrick needs one more year under the same system and a O line coordinator that can do his job.

Johnson is not the future for any team. The Bucs were ready for a title run and needed a guy who wouldn't lose the game. That's Brad. He won't be their QB in 2 years. He'll be done.

Patrick is part of the future QB's in this league and considering where we are as far as talent, coaching and being ready to compete, in a year or 2 when we should be making our run....that's when you really would need to choose. Ramsey who's in his mid 20's still has a cannon and is the leader of this offense....or Brad who's in his late 30's and a bug bite away from the IR.

We would have won more games over the past two years if we had kept Brad. He's a better QB than Jeff George, Tony Banks, Sage Rosenfels, Todd Husak, Shane Matthews, or Danny Wuerffel (did I leave anybody out?). On the other hand, Ramsey has a better arm, is tougher, and will probably be better than Johnson in a year or two. He just has to learn to read defenses better and make quicker decisions and release the ball quicker. No reason he can't learn that, since he has Spurrier to teach him. Overall, his potential is a lot higher than Brad's. Ramsey's career is all in the future, whereas Brad is good for a few more years at best.

Of course in hindsight, we should have kept Trent Green and Gus as a backup, and we would have done a lot better over the past few years.

BTW, did anyone else notice when they showed video of Spurrier as a Tampa Bay QB that he wore number 11? I wonder how Ramsey wound up with that number. When we had the renumbering episode with Matthews and Wuerffel last year, I don't remember anyone mentioning that Ramsey took Spurrier's old number, although maybe I just missed it.

Ramsey hands down

George was a better qB physically than B Johnson but he always seem to come into the game when the talent level was devastated.

B Johnson is in a system that doesnt let him exceed his limitation and Gruden was trying to find a replacement but unfortunately that was Rob johnson.

Now he has Simms son who will take over in two years.

I would have prefered to have kept Johnson having never signed Jeff George. Then we wouldn't have wasted two seasons flailing about between George, Banks, Graham, Matthews, Wuerful and The Rookie.

And we still could have drafted Ramsey as our QB of the future.

You do know that the secret behind Johnson's success is Gruden right?

You saw what he did with Gannon? He's doing it with another older QB as well. It's about playcalling. Brad Johnson couldn't run Spurrier's offense.. not to many can with the play of the offensive line either.

But it's the system. Plain and simple. I like Brad Johnson. He's a decent QB. But he's just made better by Gruden.

Since Brad left we've nothing but 2nd string QB's at best. Our team would have done better to keep Brad than all the rest but how much better? That being said, if thats what it took to get Patrick i fine with it, Patrick Ramsey will be a star in this league. Patrick over Brad anyday.

Originally posted by speedwagon20

Die Hard, Gruden does well with QBs no doubt. However, Brad Johnson had put up good numbers in Minnesota and Washington before he went to TB. I think that he should get some respect. He's by no means a top 5 or even top 10 NFL QB but the guy can play.

He's not? Because he would be a poor fit in the 'Fun n' Gun'?

Johnson pretty much goes out each week and throws for about 250 - 300 yards. He completes about 65% of his passes and throws 2-3 TD's per game. Last year he only threw 6 INT's for the season despite throwing the ball about 35 times per game.

I don't know what else you expect from a quarterback, but if you couple that type of production with Tampa's defense, you're going to win way more games than you lose.

Don't forget, it was just three seasons ago he threw for over 4,000 in Washington with two receivers who aren't even in the game anymore.

Brad Johnson is unquestionably one of the better quarterbacks in the game today.

Archived