Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[UPDATE] HTTR24-7; Film Sessions: Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan's 2012 Season Targets and Catches (VIDEO)

KCClybun

^^Me too.

Its a testament to making a defense respect a play during the season (QB draw) then you set them up to fall for play-action from that play.

I remember people saying that fake QB draw pass couldn't work at the next level re:Auburn/Cam. But, I digress...

Love the fake tunnel/bubble screen pass too.

^^Me too.

Its a testament to making a defense respect a play during the season (QB draw) then you set them up to fall for play-action from that play.

I remember people saying that fake QB draw pass couldn't work at the next level re:Auburn/Cam. But, I digress...

Love the fake tunnel/bubble screen pass too.

Just for fun, watch this video from when RG3 was getting drafted, and tell me how many plays Gruden is wrong about us not being able to run in the NFL.

http://youtu.be/qtYl25HfeE4?t=4m3s

Looking at Morgan's highlights its easy to forget the dude was playing on a banged up ankle and a set of torn up hands.

We really never got to see the real Josh last year. He can cut again this year, per quotes from him and Shanny.  Frankly, I believe he will beat out Hank handily.  He also surgery on each hand.  He may be, and it sure sounds like he will be, (fingers crossed) dramatically improved this year.  His injury was very bad and the healing was a long process.  He is one FA San Fran did not want to lose last year.  HTTR

We really never got to see the real Josh last year. He can cut again this year, per quotes from him and Shanny.  Frankly, I believe he will beat out Hank handily.  He also surgery on each hand.  He may be, and it sure sounds like he will be, (fingers crossed) dramatically improved this year.  His injury was very bad and the healing was a long process.  He is one FA San Fran did not want to lose last year.  HTTR

Yea I think he will beat out Hank as well, but i'm pulling for Hank.

Looking at Morgan's highlights its easy to forget the dude was playing on a banged up ankle and a set of torn up hands.

Pretty much everyone was playing in a tremendous amount of pain at the end there. Trent's bone bruise, Monty had a knee issue, Kory pushing through his ACL, Pierre with the foot (and he dislocated his shoulder during the Seahawks game and got it popped back in to go out and keep playing, which is probably why he had shoulder surgery this offseason), I'm pretty sure Logan was dealing with something, plus on defense D-Hall's been dealing with knee and rib injuries for a couple seasons, London had issue, among others.

Shows a lot that the team played through all that pain for their rookie quarterback. Oh what a difference a year makes.

On wide receivers Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson:

“One thing about Hankerson, this is his first offseason, OTAs, or whatever you want to call it where he is healthy so he has the chance to develop. That’s the good thing about Hank. He’s in shape. He’s learning the right way and getting the right reps. Aldrick Robinson has made strides since he has been here. He’s having one heck of a camp because he has speed and consistency catching the football. He’s been as good as there has been and hopefully he can keep that up.”

I am not sure this is exactly the place for this, but this is out of Mike's presser at OTAs.  

I'm really happy that he points out that this is Hank's first real off season. He was a 3rd round pick, got robbed of his first off-season by the lockout, and his second with the hip.  If he was a first rounder, I'd be less sympathetic, but he came in as a raw talent that had a long way to go, and missed his first 2 off seasons.

Here's hoping that he can keep it up and really take a strong jump forward this year. It seems as though he has the tools, but getting a good off-season in with the coaching staff will benefit him.  

There will be people who will come on with their minds made up about Hankerson - I think a lot of the critisims of Hankerson have some merit but watching that video, especially for the first few minutes you have to be wondering what Hankerson is doing on the field ... in the early games the only catches he made were when he was WIIIIIDE open on fairly simple crossing patterns ... Worse he seemed to avoid contact and have fairly limited awareness of where he was on the field going down short of the marker etc...

But then you watch a little longer and past the Steelers game and there is a mood change, by the time you get to the second giants and first Eagles games and you see him gaining confidence and getting his feet beneath him - I think the Browns game you see him snatching the ball out the air with 4 defenders near by .. 

What I am getting at is throughout the season there is a definite change in his game ( an improvement from game 1 to game 16) and if that improvement continues then maybe he can be a keeper ... Will he be a No.1. in the Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson mold ... will he be nothing but a frustrating tease of talent and size that never contributes more than 600 yards a season .... - give me a time machine and I will get back to you on that ...but what I saw was a guy developing on the field ...

before you bash him remember this is only year 3 and remember where he was taken ... if he had no flaws in his game he would not have slipped to the 3rd round ... you want to get your dominant receiver in the 3rd and 4th round like TO or Branden Marshell you have to give him similar amounts of time to get his game on - neither TO or BM had amazing break out rookie seasons - You also have to give someone coming off a major injury a little more leeway ....

Let the bashing go on ...

Leonard Hankerson is not only a great reciever that has been slowed by a lock out season and a shortened training camp in his rookie season but also an injuriy that ended his rookie season. In his second season he not only had the fewest drops of any other reciever on the Redskins but he also sprung Albert Morris and RGIII on big gainers as he is a great downfield blocker. For all the so called fans of this team I don't see many that see the same things I see. Leonard Hankerson is going to have an incredible break out season this year and with a healthy PG and Josh Morgan we are going to kill opponents this year.

You can mark it in your books that Tatankgough has said this and I will live with whatever transpires, but I am telling all of you that I see a great reciever in Hank. Mark my words.

Great news guys, Albert Breer just came out SALIVATING over josh morgan, he said he looked VERY good while he's been at camp. Looks like the surgery he had might have helped his game a little bit. 

"And then a couple of other guys coming back off injury expected to play big roles for the redskins, both brian orakpo and josh morgan are back on the field practicing with their teammates and they've looked great. In fact today Josh Morgan in particular was spectacular catching the ball from Kirk Cousins looks like he could be a big time contributor along with a guy like pierre garcon from the receiver position for the redskins in 2013" -Albert Breer- on NFL network

Archived