Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which retro Nintendo game console is the best?

Sticksboi05

Best retro Nintendo game console  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Best retro Nintendo game console?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Nintendo 64

They have a new DK Country game out for the 3DS now. It is pretty wild looking.

For Zelda fans (like me :) ), they have a trailer out for a Zelda game they are developing for the 3DS.

It is going to play a lot like "A Link to the Past". I can't wait for it.

As to the poll, I think it is SNES, hands down. A lot of great RPG games from that time that haven't been matched since.

It's actually a true sequel to link to the past.

Man I never knew this. Now I have a use for my Dreamcast again.

I was trying to homebrew my wii on the Wii U, but I needed specific games to do it. I am going to see if I can find my dreamcast and try to do that. Thanks.

Yeah it's not like Wii where you need a specific game. Just a cd burner and the right websites easily found. Technically Dreamcast is my favorite system because its all the early consoles in one. We used to play jackel, double dragon 2, baseball stars after nights out if nothing else was going on. Great times. For others out there virtualnes.com allows you to just play NES games right off their site with java.

Keep in mind that many of those ROMs are illegal to have. Exceedingly low chance of you getting caught, but still illegal.

Leading back to my pipe dream, Nintendo should just make these available for sale with their own application or team with valve and put them on steam. Id dump $100 or so into my steam wallet and have at it if they did that. Bring Nintendo Land to the PC. It's only a matter of time before Sony PS1, Xbox original or Nintendo do this anyways and normally Nintendo is the trailblazer so I'll continue to hope. But yes unless you own a physical copy of the game playing and downloading these games currently is illegal.

Leading back to my pipe dream, Nintendo should just make these available for sale with their own application or team with valve and put them on steam. Id dump $100 or so into my steam wallet and have at it if they did that. Bring Nintendo Land to the PC. It's only a matter of time before Sony PS1, Xbox original or Nintendo do this anyways and normally Nintendo is the trailblazer so I'll continue to hope. But yes unless you own a physical copy of the game playing and downloading these games currently is illegal.

Well if you have a Wii there are a bunch of old games that you can buy on there. I believe most of the NES games are about $5.

Well if you have a Wii there are a bunch of old games that you can buy on there. I believe most of the NES games are about $5.

Yeah but my Wii is long packed away and my PC is hooked up to my plasma. If I'm traveling PC comes with me, I wouldn't bring a Wii. Plus putting their back catalog online doesn't hurt them since they aren't advertising their new consoles by trying to sell old games. People will still buy their new console if there are good new games to support it. I'd rather they have me prove I have a Wii, then can access their virtual console and eshop on pc. Wiis multiplayer is junk while you can mumble/teamspeak/steam friendlist on the PC.

Archived