Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden Cover Vote Final Four

Hal2856

• 2 weeks later...
how often to employees at gamestop not know what they are talking about? This guy seemed very knowledgeable though and told me Madden 25 is the last Madden, and that ESPN football was coming back? anyone know about this?

Well, EA's exclusive license with the NFL and NFLPA expires this year. So that's probably what he was talking about. I would think they'd sign a new deal, but who knows?

how often to employees at gamestop not know what they are talking about? This guy seemed very knowledgeable though and told me Madden 25 is the last Madden, and that ESPN football was coming back? anyone know about this?

Even if EA loses its exclusivity deal after this season and 2K football comes back, there is no way that EA will stop putting out its cash cow Madden franchise. In this case, I don't think those guys know what they are talking about

Even if EA loses its exclusivity deal after this season and 2K football comes back, there is no way that EA will stop putting out its cash cow Madden franchise. In this case, I don't think those guys know what they are talking about

Yeah, a doomsday asteroid is about the only thing that could keep them from making another Madden game next year.

Sounds like the Gamestop guy was wrong, as depressed as I am about it. I loathe EA.

NFLPA says they are still only dealing with EA, since the lawsuit didn't include their exclusive deal:

http://kotaku.com/5988357/remember-its-not-just-the-nfls-exclusive-license-with-madden-the-players-union-has-one-too

This one points out that the lawsuit settlement only restricts an exclusive deal between EA and both the NCAA and Arena Football league. So, nothing stopping them from signing another exclusive deal for years to come:

http://rulingsports.com/2012/08/29/the-impact-of-ea-sports-recent-settlement-on-the-madden-series/

And back to the point of the thread, thank heavens Griffin didn't get voted onto the cover. We have saved our QB for his 2nd year, may it be a full one.

^ Didn't know that about the NFLPA. I was hoping EA/NFL would end the exclusive rights agreement because I never been a fan of the Madden franchise and stopped playing NFL games since EA monopolized. Still surprised NFL went with Madden because there was much better NFL games than madden.

Sounds like the Gamestop guy was wrong, as depressed as I am about it. I loathe EA.

NFLPA says they are still only dealing with EA, since the lawsuit didn't include their exclusive deal:

http://kotaku.com/5988357/remember-its-not-just-the-nfls-exclusive-license-with-madden-the-players-union-has-one-too

This one points out that the lawsuit settlement only restricts an exclusive deal between EA and both the NCAA and Arena Football league. So, nothing stopping them from signing another exclusive deal for years to come:

http://rulingsports.com/2012/08/29/the-impact-of-ea-sports-recent-settlement-on-the-madden-series/

And back to the point of the thread, thank heavens Griffin didn't get voted onto the cover. We have saved our QB for his 2nd year, may it be a full one.

^^^ Thanks jflow. I admit I was a fan of the 2k series of football...not quite as realistic as madden but I liked the scale/graphics/broadcast, presentation, etc. I grew to love madden over time for it's more true sim realism....but yeah loved 2k first.

I actually liked madden arcade. is blitz still around?

Archived