Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Picks, Pats, and Pardons (Wild Card Weekend)

kleese

Last Week: 10-6

Season: 167-88-1

Redskins: 10-6

ATS: 35-32-1 (2-2 Last Week)

Lock: 11-5-1

A solid year SU and a pretty productive one ATS. I lost my mojo down the stretch and was lucky to pull off some .500 weeks the last month or so. If you would have followed my guide of betting 2 "units" per lock and one unit for the other three games listed, you would have wound up +9 units on the year. Define whatever a "unit" is for you, and you have your dollar amount.

Cincinnati at Houston: Things could not have gone worse for the Texans down the stretch. Not only did they completely blow their shot at a bye week, but now they have to play the team they eliminated last year, which is a bit of an uncomfortable spot, especially when you consider the fact that the Bengals enter the playoffs as one of the hotter teams in the league. Most folks are going with Houston here making the assumption that they will be able to flip the switch and get back on track. I don't see it. Their problems are very real. Cincy has one of the better defensive fronts in football and I think Andy Dalton is more mature and reliable than he was at this time last year. The collapse becomes complete on Saturday.

Bengals 20, Texans 17

http://www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Nope, still wrong. That has the Skins losing.

:) I am not sure I've ever waffled on a game as much as I have on this one. I am really at a loss.... I could see almost any outcome...which includes us winning comfortably or Seattle winning by 2+ TDs. I wouldn't touch this game in Vegas with YOUR money!

The Bengals are the "sexy" pick and I think Houston quietly takes care of business at home. The Colts on the other hand will keep it close and I think cover the spread with the Ravens winning outright.

Good call on the GB game. Staying away from our Skins game is as safe a prediciton as you can make. Staying away from a home dog in the playoffs is smart.

:) I am not sure I've ever waffled on a game as much as I have on this one. I am really at a loss.... I could see almost any outcome...which includes us winning comfortably or Seattle winning by 2+ TDs. I wouldn't touch this game in Vegas with YOUR money!

I hear ya. I'm riding a hot pick 'em hand when it comes to our Skins. I'm 14-2 on the season, and apparently just won the ExtremeSkins record prediction contest. I'm riding that mojo, and picking the Skins to beat Seattle, enacting revenge for our last two playoff exits. I think FedEx will return Qwest's favor, and with a 3-5 road record on the season, Seattle is plenty mortal.

Skins 27, Hawks 17

Archived