Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does parking pass indicate Wild card game on Saturday at noon?

drjiveturkey

When I went to print my playoff tix and parking, the playoff tickets are listed as TBA Jan 5 or 6 Date and Time TBA.

When I printed the parking pass, it show

Event time 12 EST

Enter January 05, 2013 8am EST

Exit January 05, 2013 6pm EST

I wonder if this means if we win the division we host the first game of the weekend? Thoughts

Even though we still have to get past Dallas to host a playoff game, it is fun speculating what time they'd put the wild-card round game at. I bet, as with the most recent times we made it, that it'd be the 4:30 Saturday game. Having the game on Saturday is nice in that you have a day to recover before going to work on Monday; however, if you lose, you don't feel much like watching the remaining games that weekend.

This is my guess for the schedule for wild-card weekend, based on likely seedings:

4:30 Saturday: game at Washington

8:00 Saturday: game at New England (there is no way Denver is losing to KC)

1:00 Sunday: game at Baltimore

4:30 Sunday: game at San Francisco (not losing to AZ)/Green Bay (may lose to the Vikings)

If the Skins were to get past the first round and the chalk held and we had to go to the Georgia Dome, a 1 pm Sunday start would be nice for that one.

Even though we still have to get past Dallas to host a playoff game, it is fun speculating what time they'd put the wild-card round game at. I bet, as with the most recent times we made it, that it'd be the 4:30 Saturday game. Having the game on Saturday is nice in that you have a day to recover before going to work on Monday; however, if you lose, you don't feel much like watching the remaining games that weekend.

This is my guess for the schedule for wild-card weekend, based on likely seedings:

4:30 Saturday: game at Washington

8:00 Saturday: game at New England (there is no way Denver is losing to KC)

1:00 Sunday: game at Baltimore

4:30 Sunday: game at San Francisco (not losing to AZ)/Green Bay (may lose to the Vikings)

If the Skins were to get past the first round and the chalk held and we had to go to the Georgia Dome, a 1 pm Sunday start would be nice for that one.

In that scenerio I'd be surprised if we played the early game either day. Colts/Ravens is the dud of the bunch and will be early either day. And I just don't think Bengals-Pats is strong enough to be an anchor game. I think Seahawks-Redskins would either be primetime Saturday or 4:30 Sunday.

I actually HOPE we get the Sunday 1PM game. Our opponent will be a West Coast team traveling across country. I know Arizona had some historically bad record coming east for 1PM games... I think a sleepy Seattle or San Francisco team would be an advantage...

The last time Seattle came to FedEx Field was somewhere around 2005 or so. It was an October Sunday afternoon at 1 PM. The Skins won that game in OT, with Seattle missing what would have been a game-winning field goal as time expired in the 4th quarter. I don't have any quotes or anything like that, but I do remember hearing a lot of complaining after the game about them having to come to the east coast for a 1 PM kickoff. I'm not sure if they didn't do the normal "travel cross-county on Friday" thing or what, but they seemed to try to pin the loss on the scheduling of the league because they felt that at the very least they should have had to play at 4 PM if they were forced to come to the east coast. Again this was awhile ago, but I also seem to recall them complaining about the huge amount of crowd noise, and how that added to their degree of difficulty in winning the game. Go figure.

That aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL wanted RGIII vs. Russel Wilson in the Saturday night primetime slot.

I think it would have been Novak at that time. Either him or John Hall might have even still been around. That was why those comments struck me as odd, because their stadium is insane. Honestly I see that as a sense of entitlement of sorts because they want their stadium to be loud and boisterous for their opponents, but they expect that other teams can't or won't have the same courtesy. At the very least the level of the crowd noise can often be dictated by the ebb and flow of the game (and how the home team is doing). But to complain about the game time like that makes no sense whatsoever.

Archived