Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com: Redskins' Kirk Cousins asked to keep mum on reps

MustangSteve

According to Jay Glazer, RG3 has taken no 1st team reps all week...

And yet Shanahan has mentioned that fortunately at this time of year, they aren`t putting in anything new. So he doesn`t need reps right now... more than familiarizing himself with what Cleveland`s defense has done and likely will do. Watching Cousins` reps and tapes should be sufficient... assuming his knee holds up though. I wouldn`t rule him out until kickoff.

Link? Maybe this is just to ensure that Cousins is ready to go in case RG3 can't stay in there? I assume he will start, especially if Cutler is going in Chicago.

From Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Robert Griffin III (questionable, knee) has taken no first-team practice reps this week, and Kirk Cousins has handled them all.

Per Glazer, Griffin's Week 15 status "is truly a game-time decision." Griffin has thrown to receivers on the side and participated in some individual drills, but there have been "no first-team reps at all." Redskins-Browns has a 1PM ET start on Sunday, so we will know Griffin's availability early. If Griffin does not play, Pierre Garcon's fantasy outlook would take a sizable blow.

I think it makes sense though. Why does RG3 need the reps? Let him rest and let Cousins get work in just in case.

I think it makes sense though. Why does RG3 need the reps? Let him rest and let Cousins get work in just in case.

I agree. Cousins could use the time out there, especially if we aren't changing anything (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!). I honestly think we'll know if we are making the playoffs or not this year by the way our team plays this Sunday. GOOD TEAMS DO NOT LOSE THIS GAME!!!

Didn't we hear about the Ravens doing the same thing? It's just weird to hear of the Browns trying to use McCoy like this... wow.

And good on our coaching staff for prepping RG3 and Cousins for the media blitz. I love it.

Teams have always done this. It's just news to us because we haven't had a decent QB for anyone to fear.

We did the same thing for Vick the games we have faced him...Banks has played the part of Vick.

Teams have always done this. It's just news to us because we haven't had a decent QB for anyone to fear.

We did the same thing for Vick the games we have faced him...Banks has played the part of Vick.

I'm just saying it's strange to be using McCoy, when they need someone MUCH faster to emulate the threat of RG3 (see my subsequent posts). I was also pointing out how the Ravens did it... and we saw how that ended up. :)

Now Im nervous.

Why wouldnt Griffin take first team reps if he was starting?

Freaking A man, if Cousins starts Im going to cry. I like Cousins, but I just think we lose if he starts. We need our boy out there.

I'm thinking that they haven't changed much, which means RG3 can rest and study up. Cousins could use the work... maybe it really is a game-time decision (leaning towards RG3).

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

What's next - Wile E. Coyote out for the Read Option? :ols:

Dude... you're cramping my style ;)

The media has flocked towards the podium, all week long, desperate for just a peck of propaganda to relay back to their nests. For just a scrap of the scoop; a morsel of material.. a lump of the lore; an iota of intel. A mere grain of the goodies, a

Alright, Alright.. Cut to the chase, Josh :cool:

My bad.. can i blame adderall? (too soon.. too soon..)

i dont know any good adderall jokes.. Luh Luh Lame!

ok, here we go dude, youre KILLING me

MY OFFICIAL PREDICTION:

(for those who care)

no one cares, dude

(just pretend to care)

Post Of The Year!

(i hate you):

drumroll.....

14880.png&w=350&h=254

Kirk Cousins

will start this Sunday..

you just had to do it..

Throughout the week, footage from practice has shown Griffin dropping back and passing as if all is well and last Sundays game was just a very bad dream. I don't know anyone, personally, who truly believes Cousins is going to start over Griffin, Sunday.

unimpressed

just think about it..

were you not hugged enough as a child?

When has Coach Shanahan ever shown his hand? If Robert is secretly penciled to start, some hint of doubt would've been planted into the ear of the media, by now.

we know Coach pretty well..

Gazing into the crystal ball and imagining myself in the shoes of The Mike, perhaps no other consideration made my conclusion more apparent, to me, than the following:

you're a weird guy, Ace

Even if we were to lose with Kirk Cousins at the helm, no one could blame Mike Shanahan for erring on the side of caution. However, On the flip side, if Griffin happened to get injured in Sundays contest (new ailment or old), the fans and media would have a field day running Shanny out of town.

"CYA" is likely a popular acronym, these past few days, in the Shanahan household.

cover.. your.. ayyy now

Despite how well Griffin has looked this week.. No matter how big this game may seem at the moment.. I'm convinced that Shanahan has little choice in the matter. He will make the safe decision and protect the mortgaged future of The Washington Redskins as well as his own aayyyyy woah now, killa

:cool:

you have issues

Regardless, ooooh I wanta say it

all you..

HAIL!

Archived