Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cincinnati.Com: Robert Griffin III refuses to be defined by race

brandymac27

I was just joking. In all seriousness. I love RGIII and would prefer that he stays a positive role model instead of representing THUG life or the UBER arrogant athlete aka Lebron or Cam Newton. I hope RGIII just continues to stay level headed.

Apologies, like everyone else, could not tell that you were joking.

As for how Robert will respond, I bet he will say something like "he's entitled to have whatever opinion he wants. I don't really have time to worry about that. I am focused on winning football games."

I just saw them talk about this on ESPN's First Take. Rob Parker really wanted to call RG3 an Uncle Tom, but he's smart enough to not to. He definitely beated around the bush. He even had the nerve to bring up the fact that RG3 has a white girlfriend.

What popped into my mind when I read this was Cosell's "firing" because he called Alvin Garrett a "little monkey". Jiminy crickets. And to top it off Garrett didn't know about it til long after Cosell was fired.

The questions were asked by a reporter who is making a special/documentary about MLK Day. And anyway, I don't understand what's so wrong about asking a race question or three. Unless you happen to believe that racism doesn't exist anymore or should be swept under the rug. RG3, to his credit, didn't seem to skirt the questions at all. In fact, he almost seemed to relish the opportunity to answer them, and even mentioned some of the comparisons brought up in this thread (Warren Moon, etc.) as troublesome. I for one have no problem with these questions being asked, and I'm proud that the quarterback of my team could answer them so eloquently.

Sorry to be late with a response. I was in training yesterday.

Ok, well I can dig that this guy wanted to do a documentary, but maybe request a sit down interview 1 on 1 after the season or another day. I just think this was not the time to ask these kinds of questions, so I wanted to let you know I wasn't trying to sweep it under the rug. Time and place.

Archived