Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticketmaster - higher prices?

Kat_Can

I mean actually from ticketmaster directly - not after market.

Secondary market ticket prices reflect market value, be it high or low. It's not easy to determine if the Ticket Master seats are from actual STHs or the Skins TO, either way you're always gonna pay more for the Dallas game.

Ticketmaster is aftermarket. Redskins games are sold out. Maybe you haven't heard...

Except its not actually sold out. There are tickets returned from the visiting team, tickets held back by the Redskins for promo/media etc. And now, they're for sale. From ticketmaster.com NOT the ticket exchange. And it's more expensive now than previously.

Except its not actually sold out. There are tickets returned from the visiting team, tickets held back by the Redskins for promo/media etc. And now, they're for sale. From ticketmaster.com NOT the ticket exchange. And it's more expensive now than previously.

By your criteria, no sporting event in the entire world is ever truly "sold out." I think Mark is referring to the fact that all seats available for public purchase as season tickets are sold out. This sellout streak has been continuous since 1968 despite all the conspiracy theories here.

The actual number of butts in seats obviously varies from game to game but every Skins game since 1968 has met the NFL's definition of a "sellout."

Is the team unloading the extra tickets you mentioned through ticketmaster, stubhub, etc.? Of course. The prices are astronomical now because of simple supply and demand. The Upper Deck seat removal, the NHL Lockout, RG3, and a general feeling of optimism are the primary reasons for the high prices.

I find it funny that we will no doubt see many fans complaining about high prices for the Dallas game and the 2013 season. I doubt many of these fans were among the 66,124 in attendance for the Bucs game in 2010 when we lost on the missed extra point. I remember scalpers were literally giving away upper level tickets for free and club tickets for $20 for that game.

Bottom line: if you want great seats for cheap, Skins (and Nats) tickets are not for you now or for the foreseeable future. I would suggest going to Wizards games; you can get in for under $5 and sit pretty much whenever you want. DC is a great sports town, but it is also very much an event driven sports town. Fans will pay a high price to watch exciting and successful teams, the great ticket deals are found with the teams that are struggling.

Has anyone noticed more tickets for 12/30 against Dallas are on sale - at WAY above face value direct from Ticketmaster.com?

I'm wondering why/how they do this? Doesn't seem fair.

Thoughts/opinions? Does anyone know for sure why?

Redskins Tickets sold on TM are from STH. Demand for the tickets is what determines the pricing. Redskins do not sell single game tickets ahead of time. There are "visitor return" tickets that get sold the week of the game, but those aren't always to be available, and location might not be great. If you don't want to pay "way over" face value for the tickets, you can purchase season tickets to the games, which include preseason tickets that are valued "way under" face value

Hmm, I don't really feel like this in its entirety is true. I get those emails to and what else do you want the Redskins to say? Notice the key lines...

"LIMITED QUALITY REMAINING!"

The Redskins TO has been known to be in deals with LOTS of people who buy their tickets. Sometimes it's not profitable for everyone.

Has anyone noticed more tickets for 12/30 against Dallas are on sale - at WAY above face value direct from Ticketmaster.com?

I'm wondering why/how they do this? Doesn't seem fair.

Thoughts/opinions? Does anyone know for sure why?

Okay I've had a chance to actually look at the ticketmaster site. There does appear to be something hokey going on.

The price for LL tickets for the Redskins Cowboys game on Dec 30 is shown as $108.90 plus a ticketmaster fee of $12.90. Your total cost is $121.80 per ticket for seats in the LL. But, ...there is nothing available in the LL.

Okay.

Next, let's look at UL SRO. These should be cheap right? Nope. They are $159.95 each plus a ticketmaster fee of $16.25. Total $176.20. These ARE available for purchase right now.

Otherwise, nothing else is available in the UL.

Now let's look at Stubhub.

Hey look - tickets are available in the UL SRO for.... <drumroll> .... $169.95 each.

In fact, there were a bunch of tickets today in the UL and the club selling for various amounts, all ending in xx9.95. They were fairly reasonable relative to the other listings. Examples Sec 425 $149.95, sec 305 $279.95, sec 340 $399.95, etc., but almost all of them have been bought up today. Looks like somebody is doing some speculating.

So what do we conclude? It looks to me like the team - or somebody - has added a huge surcharge to the extra SRO tickets they have available. And they are selling them on multiple sites. These are not aftermarket tickets - these are tickets coming straight from the team. So I'm disappointed the team is offering these to the general public, including Cowboys fans, at huge mark ups, and not to season ticket waiting list fans specifically.

And by the way, here is some interesting info on an FTC investigation of Ticketmaster from a couple years ago: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/02/ticketmaster.shtm

That's what I thought. I also thought it was a bit fishy.

I'm on the list for seasons, but I didn't get the email saying there are more tickets available - which I usually do. I did however, get an email saying I ciould have free tickets for that game if I signed to multiple seasons.

Archived