Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan.. Extension or move on, what would you do ?

Lavarleap56

I think RGIII & Morris make a huge difference for whether a coach in his early 60's wants to continue coaching. If the franchise has a core of winners and talent that can compete for the post-season annually, by plugging in new free agents/draft picks into any holes that are lost during the offseason, I think that would encourage a coach to stick around into their aging years. It is definitely a different job than trying to rebuild a franchise from the ground up the way Shanahan had to do two seasons ago.

He has 2 years left. What's the point of extending him now?

If u do not extend him now and he has another big year next year, it is really going to cost ya big money to extend him next year. Shanny will be a lot cheaper this year then next. As for all the kyle talk, Mike Shanny decides on coaching decisions and extensions. So if Kyle is extended it will be Mike's call like he did with Haz earlier this year i believe. Shanny is not going anywhere imo. He will be the Skins coach for the next 5-7 years (unless he wins another SB then he might retire). He is in the early stages of building a monster he is not going to walk away from it mid way. He is driven to much.

Extension talk might be more for Kyle than mike. IMO once mike wins us the title. He steps down maybe moves to the front office and Kyle becomes hc. Either way if we have a shanny as head coach for next 12 to 15 years with rg3 safe today dynasty days are back

Archived