Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

St Louis Post Dispatch - Bernie : Rams fostering a darker identity

bedlamVR

Link

Remember the good old days of the Greatest Show on Turf? The Rams had a high-flying, high-scoring offense that confounded defenses. Frustrated opponents didn't have much success in stopping the Rams from 1999 through 2001, so they tried to hit Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt with insults.

The Rams were accused of being a soft, pretty, finesse team that preferred flag football over tackle football. The Rams took umbrage at the depiction and used the zingers for extra motivation.

Many years later, it's strange to see the Rams being portrayed as NFL bad boys. Talk about a dramatic change in identity. But did anyone really expect a Jeff Fisher team to invite an opposing team to join them in singing "Kumbaya"?

<click link for more>

I thought I would post this as it is an interesting insight in Jeff Fisher and thoughts on him around the league . I meen if Rodney Harrison is callling Fisher lead teams dirty then what hope is there ?

I thought I would post this as it is an interesting insight in Jeff Fisher and thoughts on him around the league . I meen if Rodney Harrison is callling Fisher lead teams dirty then what hope is there ?

>people think it's news that Jeff Fisher is a thug coach

Look at the Titans when he was there, look at the Lions, look at the Saints when GW was there, look at Albert Haynesworth, and then look at the Rams. Same **** other than the logos. That's his track record - he promotes thuggery, always has, always will. If Goodell had any balls as opposed to not wanting to step on a "respected tenured coach's" toes, he would have thrown Fisher out of the NFL along with Gregg.

Attitude can really only take you so far in this league, especially if it's not paired with talent.

The Rams beat us because we suffered some early injuries and never adjusted. But I maintain we are, all around, a better team. As a matter of fact, most teams are more talented than the Rams.

Being a total **** can't compensate for not being very good, but it is something else to gameplan for, so that's good for them I guess.

I'm sure the Bears knew about how the Rams dirty play against the Skins, and they were ready for it. I'm glad they dominated them without breaking out a sweat. As long as Jeff Fisher likes to teach idiotic play, the Rams will go no where this year, next year, and the year after.

Archived