Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2 at the Rams - Tailgate

Inigo Montoya

I know everyone is excited about opening week, but here in St Louis I am already looking for to another year of playing the Rams in STL in week 2!

The last two years my wife and I have been a part of/helped organize a tailgate just north of the dome. We will get in early and have had good success taking up enough space right at the corner of Carr and 6th street. MTH, LTPS, Cincyfan, MIA and others have joined in the past. I'm thinking for a 3 o'clock game, we would start around EDIT : 10-10:30

I'll have

-Redskins canopy, extra canopy

-cornhole game,

-2 tables,

-4 chairs

- cups, plates, napkins

-12 pack natty

- 18 pack bud light

- beer margaritas (damn AB for making their own and ruining the idea),

- water and Gatorade

-"white castle sliders"

- BBQ rub wings, 5 lbs roughly

- chips

LTPS,

Chairs

Propane grill

Stuffed cheeseburgers

Spinach dip

Potato sald

Chips

Cincyfan

Beer

Burgers

Dogs

Ketchup and mustard

Chips and dip

Candy, etc

it's been a blast seeing all the midwest fans and others who have traveled out here, looking forward to seeing you all again!

HTTR!

I'll be there (again) with my wife, friend & his wife. He's a DC transplant living in STL now and she's a STL fan.

Last year we scored some pre-game passes to go down on the field from one of the Redskins Personnel Directors we met in a bar on Saturday night. Pretty cool. We got to go on the field for about 90 minutes before the game. Plus, the restaurant we ate in on Saturday night was where some of the Skins had dinner (Rak, Fletcher and some other defensive players). They were leaving as we were sitting in the bar having a ****tail before dinner. It was pretty wild as there were other Skins fans there. The place busted out in HTTR much to the chagrin of all of the STL fans. Fletcher had a smile from ear-to-ear as he walked through the place on his way to the door.

I'm pretty sure we're going to go the same route on Saturday night before the game this year :)

I'll be there (again) with my wife, friend & his wife. He's a DC transplant living in STL now and she's a STL fan.

Last year we scored some pre-game passes to go down on the field from one of the Redskins Personnel Directors we met in a bar on Saturday night. Pretty cool. We got to go on the field for about 90 minutes before the game. Plus, the restaurant we ate in on Saturday night was where some of the Skins had dinner (Rak, Fletcher and some other defensive players). They were leaving as we were sitting in the bar having a ****tail before dinner. It was pretty wild as there were other Skins fans there. The place busted out in HTTR much to the chagrin of all of the STL fans. Fletcher had a smile from ear-to-ear as he walked through the place on his way to the door.

I'm pretty sure we're going to go the same route on Saturday night before the game this year :)

I'm thinking I might need to head to the Ritz then this year! Thats where they stay right? I'm also a DC transplant and once you move here you aren't allowed to leave!

Chris, what's up brother!?! I'm officially in again. I know MIA is coming, and I think Jackie may be as well. I'll be coming with a friend of mine who lives in STL, and I've made certain she'll be a Skins fan @ least for the day. :)

I'll be bringing my propane grill again & probably make some stuffed cheeseburgers and some other sides. 11am is late though, son, YOU KNOW we'll be there long before that, my friend. :)

Can't wait to be 2-0 after this game. Leave me to my homeristic delusions.

Chris, what's up brother!?! I'm officially in again. I know MIA is coming, and I think Jackie may be as well. I'll be coming with a friend of mine who lives in STL, and I've made certain she'll be a Skins fan @ least for the day. :)

I'll be bringing my propane grill again & probably make some stuffed cheeseburgers and some other sides. 11am is late though, son, YOU KNOW we'll be there long before that, my friend. :)

Can't wait to be 2-0 after this game. Leave me to my homeristic delusions.

Game starts at 3:15pm Central. Where will people be tailgating?

Watch out for this man ^^^^^

Word is he's a tailgate party ANIMAL!

Hail.

Bahaha....GHH, hope you get to cross the pond sometime soon & join at some point...

---------- Post added September-9th-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

What time do you all want to start? I could probably get down there earlier

I'm thinking sometime around 9:30 or 10...start grilling around 11ish...and get prepared for a Lamb Beatdown!

Inigo- do you want to start a list in the OP?

Mods- any chance we can sticky this thread through the celebration madness of this week? :)

yes, I'll edit the OP with items people are bringing

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 08:42 AM ----------

What's the etiquette for a tailgate? I've never been to one.

1. bring yourself and every Redskins fan you know

2. bring food and drink

3. play cornhole, washers and other tailgate games, (don't beat my wife and I, I'm a sore loser.):silly:

4. have fun

5. talk about how THIS is finally our year :)

6. repeat # 4

I rarely get on ES anymore since moving to the Mid-west, but I've created a Facebook event for this (just send me a friend request on FB and I'll send you and invite). Not to take away from the tailgating portion, but we are going to bar hop since we will be gambling and doing a whole lot of stuff starting Saturday afternoon. Myself, TLC, and Ben Landas (not on ES) will be there. We might plan on stopping by the tailgate for a little while and will bring something if we do!

Archived