Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSJ: Obama Attacked Over Party Platform on Jerusalem

JMS

Even though I dont think it will have huge negative impact on his overall campaign, I do think you are kind of "painting a turd" some,

It was only a thing because Republicans talked it up a bunch. The language on Israel is sort of dumb and unnecessary but people love to say that Obama doesn't side with Israel blah blah blah...it's bull. So is the God thing. They basically took the word "God" out and replaced it with the word "faith", now they're going to go back and change all the "faith" with God.

Just change it, move on to the next thing.

Seems smart to me.

Right wanted to make an issue. Even though it's kind of a dumb thing to have to do, President stepped in and basically said "Copy, paste and replace every instance of 'faith' with the word 'God'" and the stuff about Israel.

Nip it in the bud before it becomes a "thing".

Before it becomes a "thing"??? It already is a thing.

Before it becomes a "thing"??? It already is a thing.

It is if you want it to be.

Of course, a certain demographic already expresses inchoate, spittle-flecked rage at literally everything Obama says and does. I doubt any votes are going to change among those folks because of this.

---------- Post added September-5th-2012 at 05:03 PM ----------

So why the post about love/hate Israel. If anything, this is another indication that the left doesn't support Israel as much as the right.

You are correct. The current right has chosen unconditional, unquestioning support for everything Israel does, regardless of whether it is in America's best interests. The current left only very strongly supports Israel.

Obama is trying to nip this in the bud because he doesn't want the old Jewish folks in Boca Raton voting based on some perception that he is actively hostile to Israel. He wants them to vote based on healthcare issues, or Social Security issues, or whatever.

I was just joking. The far right actually believes that Obama hates Israel and wants it to be destroyed. I was making fun of that nonsense.

So why the post about love/hate Israel. If anything, this is another indication that the left doesn't support Israel as much as the right.

In what way? Because he hasn't thrown all his support behind Isreal and threatened to...blast, what the devil do Republicans like to do brown people they disagree with...I don't know, blow them to smithereens?

It doesnt change you at all, you will still feel the same tomorrow.

Thought so. I don't understand the hot button issues and topics. Tell me what you are going to do for ME and for our COUNTRY. How you feel about abortion/marijuana/gun control/Israel makes no difference to me. I have opinions on them all, but they don't have any place in what is going to make me vote for one candidate or another. I've finally reached my last straw with politics this year. I've had to defriend so many people on Facebook this year because of random reposts of **** that is just so unintelligent on both sides.

Thought so. I don't understand the hot button issues and topics. Tell me what you are going to do for ME and for our COUNTRY. How you feel about abortion/marijuana/gun control/Israel makes no difference to me. I have opinions on them all, but they don't have any place in what is going to make me vote for one candidate or another. I've finally reached my last straw with politics this year. I've had to defriend so many people on Facebook this year because of random reposts of **** that is just so unintelligent on both sides.

...So what the heck would make you vote?

...So what the heck would make you vote?

I'm trying really hard to wade through facts, but it's just SO HARD to find an unbiased article on all parties. Basically 95% of everything I read is too based on those hot button items I mentioned, but in the end, I just want to hear a plan for the future that's going to affect me directly. Haven't seen it yet.

I'm trying really hard to wade through facts, but it's just SO HARD to find an unbiased article on all parties. Basically 95% of everything I read is too based on those hot button items I mentioned, but in the end, I just want to hear a plan for the future that's going to affect me directly. Haven't seen it yet.

I can understand that, 110%. Unfortunately we live in a media culture designed for eyeballs and website clicks, and politicians play right into that.

I can understand that, 110%. Unfortunately we live in a media culture designed for eyeballs and website clicks, and politicians play right into that.

Honestly, if you know any websites that are truly unbiased (at least in your opinion) please PM them to me. My disdain for my fellow man is getting a little on the ridiculous side right now. The "Am I allowed in? - God" Facebook posts are at a fever pitch right now. I'm a Christian and I don't believe that has any place in politics. If it does, I'd love to be enlightened, but I would bet it would be based on gay marriage or abortion or something else I don't care about more than gas prices, real estate, the economy, and other things that make or break my day-to-day.

Honestly, if you know any websites that are truly unbiased (at least in your opinion) please PM them to me. My disdain for my fellow man is getting a little on the ridiculous side right now. The "Am I allowed in? - God" Facebook posts are at a fever pitch right now. I'm a Christian and I don't believe that has any place in politics. If it does, I'd love to be enlightened, but I would bet it would be based on gay marriage or abortion or something else I don't care about more than gas prices, real estate, the economy, and other things that make or break my day-to-day.

I don't have that. But, I do have this.

6 True Stories That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity

You are correct. The current right has chosen unconditional, unquestioning support for everything Israel does, regardless of whether it is in America's best interests. The current left only very strongly supports Israel.

Obama is trying to nip this in the bud because he doesn't want the old Jewish folks in Boca Raton voting based on some perception that he is actively hostile to Israel. He wants them to vote based on healthcare issues, or Social Security issues, or whatever.

I was just joking. The far right actually believes that Obama hates Israel and wants it to be destroyed. I was making fun of that nonsense.

He probably should have told the delegates to actually support him. Did you catch when they actually brought up the amendment?

I don't see the difference in what the right or left does vis a vis Israel. I see both pretty much doing what you assign to the right for the most part. Imagine if someone only strongly supported Israel. Or only supported Israel. Somewhere between unquestioning and very strongly seems like it is what both parties do.

Archived