Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bandwagon Bingo (aka "How Far We've Come!")

Cool as Crud

Bingo Cards <--- click link to view PDF

Tonight, as I was cleaning up my hard drive, I came across these interactive bingo cards I made in connection with the Redskins-Cowboys game over Christmas 2009. It was a low point for Redskins fans. Our owner was trying to embarrass our head coach into quitting as Sherm Lewis called plays from upstairs.

The bingo cards were an outlet for the pessimism so many of us felt about the once-proud franchise at that time. Reading them today, I am struck at how far the team has come in just a few years. I am so thankful those years are behind us!

HAIL!

'JIM ZORN LOOKS CONFUSED DURING CLOSE UP CAMERA SHOT' ..... God love him did he EVER look anything other than that? If you hadn't lived through it, you still wouldn't believe any team would bump a guy thanking his lucky stars that he'd got a chance of a coordinator gig to running the whole show.

Funny stuff man. Probably because your not far from the truth.

Hail.

Pass over 20 yards!

Damn bros. Would ES agree B.Johnson '99 was our last deep threat? Been too long. B'nG baby!

SCREEN PASS STOPPED IN BACKFIELD

I had suppressed those memories

got a chance of a coordinator gig to running the whole show

Some peeps get the lucks

The saddest part was adding "Jason Campbell knocked down on 3 consecutive plays" and feeling like that was like a FREE space. Say what you will about this year's O-Line, the situation is much improved today.
Third worst in the NFL in QB hits is much improved? (41 sacks + 108 QB hits if you look at the stats). Here's the stats that remind me how bad they still are:http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

I realize the late season perception was that the OL was "much improved", but reality is, the OL was really, really bad at pass protection. When you see that Trent Williams was only responsble for 6 of the sacks or QB hits, you see the difference between an offensive lineman with talent and the other members of the OL. 41 Sacks + 108 QB hits totaled = 149, which means that 1 out of every 4 times the Skins threw the ball, the QB was getting hit. Even extrapolating for Williams 4 missed games, the rest of the OL was a swinging door. Also, please note that these OL statistics do not include the times the OL broke down during field goal attempts.

Much improved? Respectfully, I disagree. Their zone blocking improved. Their pass protection did not.

Third worst in the NFL in QB hits is much improved? (41 sacks + 108 QB hits if you look at the stats). Here's the stats that remind me how bad they still are:http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

I realize the late season perception was that the OL was "much improved", but reality is, the OL was really, really bad at pass protection. When you see that Trent Williams was only responsble for 6 of the sacks or QB hits, you see the difference between an offensive lineman with talent and the other members of the OL. 41 Sacks + 108 QB hits totaled = 149, which means that 1 out of every 4 times the Skins threw the ball, the QB was getting hit. Even extrapolating for Williams 4 missed games, the rest of the OL was a swinging door. Also, please note that these OL statistics do not include the times the OL broke down during field goal attempts.

Much improved? Respectfully, I disagree. Their zone blocking improved. Their pass protection did not.

Sorry, I should have been more clear: (1) I said the "situation" is much improved, not the offensive line; (2) by "situation" was referring to the fact that we (presumably) now have a quarterback who can avoid pressure even with a subpar offensive line; (3) by "say what you will about this year's O-Line," I meant "no, really, say whatever you want about this year's OL."

HAIL!

Well I hope you took into account that our OL starters got decimated, and a lot more sacks occurred with them out.

I believe our biggest problem was we didn't have enough depth on the OL. I'm not saying our OL is stout, but our OL arn't as bad as that year's OL.

Archived