Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Off to Disney

Larry

My wife and I went back in 2005 (before we had kids) we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas on a family members timeshare. It was 9pm, and we were just walking around the boardwalk, and decided to head over to MGM to do something. We ended up riding Rockin' Roller coaster 3x consecutively. No line. At all. They didn't even make people watch the pre-show movie. They just let us walk right on through.

JamesmadisonSkins: A word of advice on Animal Kingdom. Get there at rope drop. Hightail it to the Safari. in the back left quadrant of the park. That's when the animals are most active. That park gets hotter than all the other ones, and it's the largest of all them.

Thanks! Yeah, we are delegating an entire day to Animal Kingdom the day they're offering morning magic hours so we can do at least one safari at rope drop (as I read they are most active early, too). This is a priority for us. We both eventually want to go to Africa and do a safari but for now, this has to do. 

Also, I did go to the travel site that tracks the parks' busiest days to a tee ... and used that and the magic hours disney has set for that week to plan a tentative schedule. Of course, if we want to be lazy by the pool the day we plan to go to Animal Kingdom, that would screw everything up ... since we'd likely bump the next day for it, etc. But either way, it's tentative.

We will be there in late April-early May. Every day we are there is either a 4 or 5 on the 1-10 busy scale ... except for Saturday and Sunday, which are 7 and 8. Not too bad, considering some weeks are entirely in the 7-10 range. I did read that that week is one of the slower ones since it falls right after spring break season and just before summer break season.

We are going to Yachtsman because her parents did their honeymoon in Disney too ... and went to Yachtsman. They're celebrating their anniversary and will be down overlapping us a bit. We are taking them to dinner at Yachtsman as a thank-you for the wedding ... and will be doing the tequila/beer tours in Epcot the next day. Pretty excited for those (my future in-laws are not stereotypical ... I'd hang out with them over most of my friends haha)

Thanks! Yeah, we are delegating an entire day to Animal Kingdom the day they're offering morning magic hours so we can do at least one safari at rope drop (as I read they are most active early, too). This is a priority for us. We both eventually want to go to Africa and do a safari but for now, this has to do. 

In that case 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/wild-africa-trek/

Good god that's pricey. 

Archived