Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (3/10/12): Redskins trying to sign Fred Davis to long term contract

Alaskins

Anyone know where this Bruce Allen quote comes from? I see Paulsen tweeted it, but I assume it's part of a longer interview. I'd love to see what else Bruce has had to say in the wake of our big trade this weekend.

EDIT: Nevermind, Paulsen's gonna post it soon:

This video of Bruce which is on the main site.

How is such a clause worded? Guaranteed money hits our cap regardless of whether he puts down the bong or not

And no way any agent has their client sign a deal where money is repaid, imo

Not necessarily. Guaranteed salaries don't hit the cap until they are paid and can be lost by some action. For instance, by giving Haynesworthless a bonus in 2010, guaranteed salaries were eliminated (so we are done with his cap hit this year and that' not relatively big) without that clause, he'd be hitting our cap next year. Vick has a similar clause in his contract and I think this is also true of several of the FAs the Eagles signed last year (I do know that a lot of that guaranteed money came from salary guarantees which is a big reason they won't get into big cap trouble). . I think a clause based on other actions can also be used to eliminate future guarantees just like a buyout clause.

Goodbye Landry :(http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/washington-redskins?id=7ff64534-766d-50ca-94e1-0b6b1131b44e

I would have made a thread but I can't for some reason.

Because you're NNTd.

Also, I'm just not that sad about losing Landry. He's overrated as a player (though a good one), can't stay healthy, and never really stood out to me as someone who cared a lot about the team. That, plus the euphoria of getting RG3 just makes it hard to be upset.

Goodbye Landry :(http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/washington-redskins?id=7ff64534-766d-50ca-94e1-0b6b1131b44e

I would have made a thread but I can't for some reason.

Not that I doubt that possible outcome, but I would never put too much stock in a site that can't proofread an article better than that. First off, the Skins won't be "releasing Landry" as he is a free agent, and according to that site he wants a "free start." Those kind of mistakes don't inspire a lot of confidence in their reporting.

Because you're NNTd.

Also, I'm just not that sad about losing Landry. He's overrated as a player (though a good one), can't stay healthy, and never really stood out to me as someone who cared a lot about the team. That, plus the euphoria of getting RG3 just makes it hard to be upset.

NNTd?

I think we should see if we can trade Fred Davis. Someone who can give us their future first round draft pick so our trade to RG3 wouldn't be too much of a loss.

That'd be nice, but no ones gonna give us a 1st rounder for a TE, let alone one that is one failed whiz quiz from a year long suspension.

Archived