Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scooters

Grizz

With the price of gas rapidly approaching $4/gallon, I was thinking about getting a scooter for running around town. I am looking at getting a 150cc scooter.

Anyone have any experience buying one of these online? Their seems to be a lot of "No Name" scooters that you can get in the range of $700-$1500. This is at least half it not more than the brand names like Honda and Yamaha.

Anyone recommend one of the online site? or any experiences with a no name brand. I figure I can't get to hurt for $1000. I am hoping to get 4-5 yrs out of it.

When I looked into this a few years ago I was interested in a Genuine Scooter. They used to sell them at Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church. However, looking now Coleman Power Sports no longer carries them and another dealer in Arlington, VA listed in their website appears to be out of business. Looks like they'd be hard to find in this area so maybe someone else can suggest a good off brand.

In VA if it is 50 cc or less you don't need a motorcycle license. Anything bigger and you will.

I normally drive about 900-1000 a month in my Truck. I figure that I could use the scooter for about 300 of those miles. Saving me about $60/month in gas. So a scooter costing me $1000 would mean I would have to drive it for 16 months to break even. If gas goes higher than $4 than that would come down.

Archived