Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revenge of the extra "G"?

red dot in a sea of blue

Hey red dot, why don't you chill out and cease presenting yourself in a less than flattering light. While your OP is certainly lame enough by any reasonable standard (deal with the criticism), some of your replies to others include even more questionable (being nice) comments. Your thread remains open, and how various readers opine on it is what happens on any board. Duh. :) Some others are treating it pretty straightforward, which I would consider a courtesy if I were you, given that OP. :)

Not that it should need to be said, but some thicker-than-tissue skin helps on message boards, especially for some folks.

Souded to me like 2cents was the one being negative. Was his post positive or constructive at all? Did it help discuss the OP in any way? Seems to be a case of the 'buddy system' around here, and its pretty lame.

Who cares if the OP was "lame enough by any standard"? Why be negative?

:doh:

Because if you allow anyone to post whatever they're thinking with no repercussions, you'll end up with a board that looks like www.igglephans.com

Not every thought needs to be a thread, and this is a prime example. Anyone who knows anything about how a F.O. that's worth its salt works knows that the men making the decisions regarding the draft aren't going to care whether or not their DC has an axe to grind with a potential trade partner and would nix it just because someone got their feelings hurt.

Hey! Thanks for the constructive participation in this thread! Did you get the idea to say something dismissive and clog up the forum form every single other thread ever? No one else really does that, so it's good to see such a fresh perspective!

I was thinking just that^ when I read your opener. This thought could have went into any number of first page threads without clogging the board with another "My Thought is so important Thread". I mean no offense, but it is a stretch number one, number two you have no facts or even any reason to support a grudge at this point, unless of course you do, which I would like to read.

---Hey I can sell my house for 15k more to a guy I don't really like or to a really cool dude for less, uhm, uh, yeah going with the best offer.

---------- Post added February-14th-2012 at 12:55 PM ----------

Souded to me like 2cents was the one being negative. Was his post positive or constructive at all? Did it help discuss the OP in any way? Seems to be a case of the 'buddy system' around here, and its pretty lame.

We care about the quality of the OP, if you like lower standards with all due respect, find another board or >hey< start your own.

To the OP the problem I have with the post is that logically it doesn't make sense. First why would GW have a grudge like you say when he won a SB ring with the Saints after leaving the Redskins which you point out as well. Two, he is not the owner, GM, OC or the HC. Case and thread closed.

Just a tip, the mods will tell you this as well, you can't circumvent the profanity filters. You might want to change that in the OP. ;)

Sounds to me that you still don't get it after being here for awhile. What's lame is because of that,you level baseless accusations against other members,(who have been dead on with several of their replies),and staff members. What's really lame is by now,you should get it. Don't like it,door's that way.

Sounds to me that'(despite many posts otherwise),you still don't get it. What's lame is that because of that,you level baseless accusations against other members,(who have been dead on with several of their replies),and staff members. What's really lame is by now,you should get it. Don't like,door's that way.

You typing on a phone or something PCS?

When DOES the league season start?

Edit: nevermind, I misread.

The new season usually starts right about the time free agency does, so I'd guess sometime in early March.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/9/2787040/important-dates-to-remember-2012-nfl-offseason-schedule

March 13: Free Agency Begins At 4 p.m.

At 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13, the new league year begins and free agency kicks off, allowing unrestricted free agents to sign with any team they wish. If a team tenders a restricted free agent, then the level of that tender dictates the compensation for the original team if another team signs that player to an offer. Exclusive-rights free agents will be unable to sign with a new team no matter what if the original team tenders that player a deal.

I meant for trades (see Post 16).

---------- Post added February-14th-2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

One whole month willy_nilly_th.gif

Yeah, that was my bad. I mis-read the Wiki entry at first, thought it said March 6 when I skimmed (since I knew the season started in March). After I posted I realized what it said. Found the other link right after with the right info.

this is a little unrelated, but speaking of the start of free agency is anybody else surprised that FA comes before the draft? You would think that by having FA afterwards teams would be much more aware of their needs and therefore make it more competitive and pay more- i.e. NFLPA is happy. Or is ownership against it for that same reason?

Personally I found last year to be much more interesting because you could literally see teams get built whereas now its back to "we added some pieces but you'll have to wait a month for the rest and then 4 more months to see how the picks turn out in training camp"

Archived