Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Roger Goodell's contract extended

SC_RedskinsFan

I' for one, do not like what he has done to the game. Unless we all like the idea of watching games that look like the probowl last night.

The problem is that the Pro Bowl is the Pro Bowl and no actual NFL game would look like that

Goodell isn't THAT bad

The problem is that the Pro Bowl is the Pro Bowl and no actual NFL game would look like that

Goodell isn't THAT bad

Well, my point is that the rules that the NFL is adopting while he is the commissioner are those that promote offense.

Protecting the QB, protecting the receivers, fining defensive players for hits that are IMO part of the game. These are all things that dilute the quality of the product, and all are happening with him as commissioner.

It's a joke. You think people truly think he's a Hitleresque character? Your offensiveness is one of the most ignorant and offensive things I've seen on this board in the more than six years I've been here. Grow up!

You think that joking about a man that is responsible for the deaths of over 12 million people is not ignorant and offensive? That says a lot about you and your character.

Back to the topic, I think a lot of people have truly forgotten how bad some of the issues were under Tagliabue. Goodell had his work cut out for him when he was promoted, and he's done a damn good job in my opinion.

:ols:

Yep. Ochocinco is the anti-Christ to you. I'm offended!!!

Ochocinco has about the same number of receptions this year for the Patriots as I do.:ols:

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 01:02 PM ----------

So you call cheating "crap". :doh: I think that's pretty serious and not just overblown. Are you kidding me? :doh: That was just swept under the rug like it never happened. If Tagliabue was still in charge, there would have been severe penalties and severe ramifications.
I guess you missed the part where I said they went 18-1 AFTER the spygate nonsense?

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 01:02 PM ----------

I' for one, do not like what he has done to the game. Unless we all like the idea of watching games that look like the probowl last night.
Exaggerate, much?

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 01:03 PM ----------

He's an evil douchebag....that does nothing but give back to the fans.
He definitely has TIME to give back to the fans. Hell, he wasn't even ACTIVATED last week!:ols:

You think that joking about a man that is responsible for the deaths of over 12 million people is not ignorant and offensive? That says a lot about you and your character.

Yep, it says plenty, let me tell you :rolleyes:

Try not to judge others and grow some thicker skin. Were you hurt by the Soup Nazi? It's a joke about the attitude, nothing more.

Ochocinco has about the same number of receptions this year for the Patriots as I do.:ols:

He definitely has TIME to give back to the fans. Hell, he wasn't even ACTIVATED last week!:ols:

:ols:

True, but he's making a hell of a lot more for each of his. Plus, he has much better seats for games :silly:

Yep, it says plenty, let me tell you :rolleyes:

Try not to judge others and grow some thicker skin. Were you hurt by the Soup Nazi? It's a joke about the attitude, nothing more.

I had seven relatives who went to concentration camps and two of them lived to be liberated in '45 including my grandfather. I guess, in your view, the others would have survived if they would have had thicker skin, huh? Your ignorance to the atrocities in which you joke about is no excuse, and judgement of your character is more than appropriate in this situation.

I had seven relatives who went to concentration camps and two of them lived to be liberated in '45 including my grandfather. I guess, in your view, the others would have survived if they would have had thicker skin, huh? Your ignorance to the atrocities in which you joke about is no excuse, and judgement of your character is more than appropriate in this situation.

You aren't the only one who has family that was severely affected by concentration camps and the Holocaust as a whole. Judging others that you know nothing about is ignorant. Regardless, the joke had nothing to do with that, and if you are taking it that seriously you do need thicker skin.

*That's the last I'll post on it here...I've posted too much on this and it's a hijack of the thread. I'd be more than happy to continue this over PMs.

Dude the whole spygate thing was seriously overblown. The Patriots went 18-1 AFTER spygate!!! Do you honestly think they were cheating then, too? C'mon. Can't stand how people still bring up that crap. It's irrelevant. Furthermore, do you really think no other team was doing anything similar to that? They just happened to get caught.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 01:13 AM ----------

I agree. It was pretty dumb. Then again, the guy you're referring to is a huge Ochocinco fan. That explains everything.

Cheating is cheating. Pats were caught. You're assumptions are just assumptions, the Pats cheating is fact. It wasn't irrelevant, and it cost them a 1st round pick and a hefty fine, so it was pretty serious.

The 18-1 Pats team was loaded, the previous Pats teams were team and system-oriented and edged out close wins in a lot of games, especially their first Superbowl season in '01. Hard to say that w/o the edge they gained that they would have still won such close games. Belicheck's excuse for cheating was a pathetic cop out as well, which IMO indicated further his guilt in the matter.

Cheating is cheating and should not be tolerated nor excused, even if you think it was a minor infraction, which judging by the penalties the NFL did not think it was just minor.

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 02:33 PM ----------

[/color]He definitely has TIME to give back to the fans. Hell, he wasn't even ACTIVATED last week!:ols:

He wasn't activated because he was at his father's funeral. They said it during the game and it a simple google of Ochocinco inactive tells you this fact in 2 seconds. Maybe take the time to do a quick research before laughing someone off and coming off as uninformed and insensitive.

One of things Goodell mention during his state of the NFL press conference, which is still on:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/nfl-network-plans-13-thursday-night-games-in-2012/

NFL network is expanding to 13 Thursdays games this fall from weeks 2 to 15. Goodell said because of that; all 32 teams are gauranteed at least one primetime game.

NFL network is expanding to 13 Thursdays games this fall from weeks 2 to 15. Goodell said because of that; all 32 teams are gauranteed at least one primetime game.

He also didn't mention how a lot of fans don't have nfl network because they don't have satellite tv. Maybe he should work with Cable companies to get a deal done regarding nfl network, football packages, etc.

Archived