Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justified on FX season 3

AsburySkinsFan

My impression from first seeing the guy bound on the bed last episode has been that he is Quarle's captive to be used for physical beating/torture (pretty sure the sound I heard in the scene coming from behind the door was a bone snapping) and sexual abuse (sodomy/rape). That's part of Quarles character (is my call).

Maybe, but he seems so much more motivated by money than abusing the guy in the back room. I guess he can do both?

Some abuse, rape, with a side of organ theft? lol

Please find my cooler Buford, I didn't DVR the ep. Driving me nuts now...

I can definitely see Quarles as a torturer moreso than a doctor though. Maybe the cooler was full of drinks lol

My impression from first seeing the guy bound on the bed last episode has been that he is Quarle's captive to be used for physical beating/torture (pretty sure the sound I heard in the scene coming from behind the door was a bone snapping) and sexual abuse (sodomy/rape). That's part of Quarles character (is my call).

I got the sense he was being tortured for a reason.....maybe an unrelated thing. But just another sign that Quarles is wicked. I'm finishing up some work and then I'll go watch that part again and update this post.

I can definitely see Quarles as a torturer moreso than a doctor though. Maybe the cooler was full of drinks lol

I take him as a sadist, he is so cool and collected 100% of the time that it looks like this might be his "therapy". I love his character though, he's so slick and calculating a lot like Boyd but with Satan's DNA. Gotta know that Raylan hated doing Boyd's dirty work, but he really didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter. Of all of the stories this season I am most intrigued by the Limehouse and his clan (for lack of a better word). Between he and Quarles I'm not sure who is more cold blooded, but then it almost seems that there is little to no difference between Boyd, Raylan, Quarles, or Limehouse, any one of these guys will gut you like a pig, and I'm guessing that Limehouse will end up doing that before the season is out...they have shown him butchering a hog too often for him to not put that to work with tremendous effect.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 09:27 AM ----------

I just think he's that dark, so I went with the darkest thing that came into my "wondering" when I first saw the bound dude and then this last time just seemed to confirm it. But maybe I have Quarles even darker than the writers do.

I don't think you have him darker than he's written, in fact I'm thinking this guy is blacker than black. Although, it does seem (from the previews) that he has his handlers in Detroit too, maybe they got him out of Detroit because of his "dark passenger". ;)

Between he and Quarles I'm not sure who is more cold blooded, but then it almost seems that there is little to no difference between Boyd, Raylan, Quarles, or Limehouse, any one of these guys will gut you like a pig, and I'm guessing that Limehouse will end up doing that before the season is out...they have shown him butchering a hog too often for him to not put that to work with tremendous effect.

That's the best thing about this show, everyone is shades of grey. To varying degrees of course...for example, even Raylan's straight laced ex wife stole the bag of money when given the chance..

Oh ****, I almost forgot. That whole Charlie stealing the same money from the evidence room sure did come outta left field. Escaping to Mexico. I was smiling during that part lol

I hope they leave it at that.

And yeah, you know Limehouse is going to put that butchering skill to use fairly soon. Practically every menacing speech he's made is with a knife in hand over a carcus.

Ok, so here is Quarles going into the back room. Even though it seems obvious, was he using his cigar cutter on this guy? and....I still can't tell who this guy IS.

quarles1.jpg

and here is the later conversation between Quarles and Wynn are talking on the porch....and the guy walking up with the cooler.

quarles2.jpg

No idea what's going on with that.

That's the best thing about this show, everyone is shades of grey. To varying degrees of course...for example, even Raylan's straight laced ex wife stole the bag of money.

I was not at all surprised last week when she left him, just got that "she's gone" vibe after he had been absent so much and then shot that chick after almost being harvested.

Oh ****, I almost forgot. That whole Charlie stealing the same money from the evidence room sure did come outta left field. Escaping to Mexico. I was smiling during that part lol

Yeah, I forgot to mention that too, loved it! At first when Charlie was watching Raylan I thought he was going to out Raylan for stealing it or something, then when he turns up in Mexico!! Priceless! And I too agree that they should just leave it at that, because that ends the whole issue about Raylan's involvement with the theft and return of the money rather than that hanging over his head all of the time.

And yeah, you know Limehouse is going to put that butchering skill to use fairly soon. Practically every menacing speech he's made is with a knife in hand over a carcus.

Yep, he's too cool to just plug a round into someone, he'll be poetic about it IMO.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 09:41 AM ----------

Ok, so here is Quarles going into the back room. Even though it seems obvious, was he using his cigar cutter on this guy? and....I still can't tell who this guy IS.

and here is the later conversation between Quarles and Wynn are talking on the porch....and the guy walking up with the cooler.

Wow, I never put those together, I just assumed that the medical case had something to do with the clinic, but who knows, maybe Quarles is making a living out of his sadistic hobby.

Awesome, thank you. I knew I saw the cooler!

I'm still not sure what it means though. I suppose it could be a body part in the cooler purely as a souvenir, as twisted as Quarles seems. Maybe he decided to sell off the organs of his victim.

Surely the cooler means something....he walks right through the scene.

Hell if I know anymore...I do like the level of detail that's put into this show, though.

Still, if he was harvesting that guy....I agree that doing it on the bed in a house that is spotless doesn't seem to make sense. Then again, torturing a guy in a perfectly clean room like that is weird too. So, I don't know.

Yeah, I suppose whether Quarles is profiting or not doesn't really matter. It's definitely sadistic torture being carried out regardless..

I'd say Jumbo's got it about right.

Archived