Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED: Two Obsessed Fantasy Football Owners to Fill Spots in ES Dynasty League [CLOSED: Voting in Progress]

Conn

I've posted this in the Tailgate, but as each forum attracts its own unique groups of posters, I though I would post this here as well.

Going into its 5th season, the ES Dynasty League is looking for two new owners, to take over two recently available teams. Both have plenty of talent and a full slate of draft picks. We're trying to fill the spots now with a couple of great owners, so that you have a couple of months to get acquainted with the league scoring, roster rules, bylaws, the leagues other owners, trade values, etc. before the NFL draft.

We're looking for dedicated owners who can't get enough of the NFL, fantasy football, and specifically dynasty fantasy football. Two owners who wants to take these teams and turn them into dominant championship contenders.

We're looking for someone who is active on ES, so we know you'll be around, be active, and be a big part of our discussions over in the Fantasy Football Forum.

This is NOT your average fantasy league. A very high level of activity is required and expected year-round. Previous dynasty experience is something we'd like to see, but its not required if you're an experienced redraft/keeper league owner who knows his **** and is enthusiastic about learning the ropes. Being a college football fan, or at least an NFL fan who loves to follow the draft, is also a major plus, because evaluating and drafting/trading for talent is a huge part of success in a dynasty league. If you're the type to log into your ESPN league a few times a week to make waiver wire claims and set your lineup, this league isn't for you.

Pertinent info on the league setup, etc. can be found in the OP here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...Dynasty-League

But here are the most important details:

The league is hosted on FleaFlicker, and is a free league. This does not change the fact that we expect owners to be insanely competitive and active, improving their roster in any way possible and starting the best lineup possible every single week. Not logging in for days, or starting an incomplete lineup, etc. is not acceptable.

It is standard PPR scoring with 6 pts for all TD's, return yardage and lighter IDP scoring (For reference, the best IDP ranked #85 overall in our scoring system.).

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 2 DB, 2 LB, 1 DL.

In-season rosters are 30 slots for active players. We also have 5 spots for a Practice Squad, and 3 spots for an Injured Reserve. Off-season rosters expand to 40 slots for active players, and we have multiple cut-down dates leading up to the regular season. We hold our Rookie Draft in April/May, right after the NFL draft.

For those applying who have mostly redraft experience, be aware that there is much more trading involved in a dynasty league. You will have to become comfortable with judging player values and making trades, risky or not, its up to you. But for whoever we choose, I recommend going back through past trades that have happened to get an idea of the relative values of young players, veteran players, draft picks, future draft picks, etc.

I will not be posting the rosters of the available teams. Neither are in very rough shape, and one is actually one of the better teams in the league. Should you get in, you can see the rosters then, and we have a process for determining which one of you gets to pick your team first, and then you can mold it as you wish through the draft, FA, waiver wire, and most importantly, through trades. I can't stress enough how much trade action there is in this league. Be prepared for lots of PM's. Keep your inbox cleared out.

This is a very competitive league. We are all friendly, but we also are big fans of trash talk, ragging on each other, etc. So if that isn't your style, this probably isn't the league for you. We're looking for someone who is not only going to be the best dynasty owner we can find to fill this spot, but who is also going to be enthusiastic about the league, fit in well, and bring another fun personality to the league's ongoing thread that I already linked to.

If you think you're interested, post in this thread, addressing the following things:

1. Your previous fantasy football experience, as well as dynasty if you have owned a dynasty team before.

2. Your ability to be very active in the league, from waivers, to trades, to the league thread, etc.

3. What you could bring to our league, in your opinion. Why should we choose you?

4. Anything else that you think is relevant, go ahead and include it. It can only help us make our decision, and this is the part of the process where we'll probably see the most who will fit in best, and try the hardest.

Speaking as someone who took over another orphan team in this league, about two years ago, that was in MUCH worse shape than these, you will be able to re-shape these rosters as you like in no time. There are so many opportunities to improve your team through waivers, the rookie draft, and trades, that it can be done pretty quickly with smart, aggressive management. Its a big task that takes a committed owner who is willing to put in the work, but it can be done.

Reply in this thread or send me a PM. We're looking for someone capable of being very active, both in terms of team management, and the social aspect here on ES. Please keep that in mind when applying. We aren't going to make our decision based upon post count--the most important thing is still to fill these spots with capable, intelligent fantasy owners. But those of you who are well-known around ES will probably have a slight leg up, as we can count on your participation and presence.

Edit: If you're going to try and do some digging on the teams available by searching through the Madden & Fantasy Football Forum, keep in mind that the rosters for the two teams available aren't updated in the pinned roster thread. Nice try in advance, though. ;)

I'd be very interested. No worries about me not being active. I can't stand it when people blow off leagues. I've played since I was 15, all in PPR leagues so I am very used to that. And I can bring another you need to the league. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say. If other people really really want to be in the league over me, thats fine. This just sounded like a really fun and cool idea that I would keep up with, no doubt. Just let me know.

Man...i've filled out job applications that are less intensive than that

Its part of the process of finding the right guy. If you can't get through that, you probably aren't the guy we're looking for. Its meant to highlight how big of dynasty nerds we are.

Is there a spot still open Conn?

Yup, Two spots, and we're going to give plenty of time to get some good applicants. Shoot me a PM if this is something you're interested in, answer the ?'s, etc.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

lmao, who bailed?

if you finally neutered Kur, I'm in

Kur's gone. Guy TDR brought in is gone as well. Drop by the thread if you're interested in getting back in on the action.

I just had to fill 2 new owners in my dyntasy league last year and had a brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea for it:

Find your 2 owners. Then throw both rosters including rookie draft picks in a pool and let the 2 new owners have a 2-man draft. It was a lot of fun and it gives the new owners a stronger attachment to their rosters. It also evens the teams out a bit assuming both owners do a good job of drafting.

I just had to fill 2 new owners in my dyntasy league last year and had a brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea for it:

Find your 2 owners. Then throw both rosters including rookie draft picks in a pool and let the 2 new owners have a 2-man draft. It was a lot of fun and it gives the new owners a stronger attachment to their rosters. It also evens the teams out a bit assuming both owners do a good job of drafting.

Haha yeah, your brilliant idea is called a "dispersal draft", and we considered it, but feel that rebuilding a team as-is is more important to our league. I had to do it when I joined the league a couple years ago, so the precedent has kind of already been set.

I am definitely interested ConnSKINS26. I am very active in Fantasy Football. My last team from here on ES, I was not available for the draft, and had auto-drafted a crap team. I was not there because my grandmother had passed away. After getting back, I had done trades, as well as picking up Free Agents in the 16 Team league, and went from last place to almost winning the whole thing. I was seeded in the playoffs to play the best team and had lost bu 0.9 (Nine Tenths of a point!), and would have won the next weeks. I ended up in Fifth place, but coming from dead last, to squeeking into the playoffs was quite an accomplishment.

Thanks!

ConnSkins26, I am interested for sure. I have been in a fantasy league every year since 1984! I can remember scrapping through the USA today and manually calculating points totals and manning the free agency calls. I have usually been the commissioner. I am usually in multiple leagues, we usually do a 16 team league with deep rosters and IDP and defense. I have done a dynasty league, although it fell apart as we lacked a common community like Extremeskins to hold us all together, this is the major reason i am interested. I usually do very well but i would say my highlight of my fantasy football career was finishing 2nd worldwide in a Sporting News salary cap fantasy league with more than 12,000 entrants. Earned me an extra 5K that year. I am sure you are getting lots of submissions but i'd be psyched to be a part of this.

Haha yeah, your brilliant idea is called a "dispersal draft", and we considered it, but feel that rebuilding a team as-is is more important to our league. I had to do it when I joined the league a couple years ago, so the precedent has kind of already been set.

Damn. Another thing I thought of that has already been invented....

I still think it is the best way to do it, and will do it again without batting an eye if more than one team opened up the same year. Just because you got stuck with stagnate roster when you joined doesn't mean new owners shouldn't be able to have fun and get the sense of ownership of their players hat only drafting does. A draft will inherently create loyalty to a team. You can screen owners all you want. Some will always bail. Letting them draft will really give them loyalty to their team and the league, and will be really fun. Not only for the new owners, but for the other teams watching them draft. You said one team is pretty good and therefor implied one team is pretty bad. That kind of sucks for one of the new owners. Why not let them decide how good or bad their teams are instead of a flip of the coin (or whatever you'll do to give one person the good team and the other the worse team)?

I like the idea of a dispersal draft only it isn´t realistic. It´s not like all the current NFL teams who chance owners or GM´s can pick there own team. That´s the fun part, you get a franchise that´s not build the way you want so you need to clean the house and find player you do like. I love that...maby I´m even addicted to that. I always chance teams in NFL and NCAA franchise after it is the best team in the league because then I can build a new one.

I would be interested in a spot in the league but I give the first to respons a chance.

Damn. Another thing I thought of that has already been invented....

I still think it is the best way to do it, and will do it again without batting an eye if more than one team opened up the same year. Just because you got stuck with stagnate roster when you joined doesn't mean new owners shouldn't be able to have fun and get the sense of ownership of their players hat only drafting does. A draft will inherently create loyalty to a team. You can screen owners all you want. Some will always bail. Letting them draft will really give them loyalty to their team and the league, and will be really fun. Not only for the new owners, but for the other teams watching them draft. You said one team is pretty good and therefor implied one team is pretty bad. That kind of sucks for one of the new owners. Why not let them decide how good or bad their teams are instead of a flip of the coin (or whatever you'll do to give one person the good team and the other the worse team)?

He in fact did not imply that one of the teams was bad. He said both teams are in good shape, and one of them is actually one of the better teams in the league. He never said either one of them was in bad shape.

I've done the dispersal draft route, and i've done the team takeover route. For our league, the takeover and rebuild in your likeness approach is what we've used in the past, and there really isn't a reason right now to go the dispersal draft route.

Sebowski, thanks for the suggestion, but as Drop said, we've evaluated all options as a league and decided not to go that route. Drop and I did just have a dispersal draft in another dynasty we're a part of though, and it worked pretty well.

Anyways, I'm editing the title of this thread to show that we are done taking applicants. The deadline was a half hour ago, and now we will deliberate and vote. Thanks SO much for your interest everyone, we must have gotten almost 20 interested posters. Now we'll have some other names to contact if we ever need to replace someone else.

Sebowski, thanks for the suggestion, but as Drop said, we've evaluated all options as a league and decided not to go that route. Drop and I did just have a dispersal draft in another dynasty we're a part of though, and it worked pretty well.

Anyways, I'm editing the title of this thread to show that we are done taking applicants. The deadline was a half hour ago, and now we will deliberate and vote. Thanks SO much for your interest everyone, we must have gotten almost 20 interested posters. Now we'll have some other names to contact if we ever need to replace someone else.

Any idea when the voting will be done?

Any idea when the voting will be done?

My votes in, and I think a few others have their minds set, they just need to actually PM the votes to the commish. So really, we're just waiting for a majority to present itself. Enough members need to place their votes. Could happen tonight, might take tomorrow as well. Won't be long, though.

Archived