Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US employers added 200,000 jobs in December, jobless rate fell to 8.5 percent

SnyderShrugged

Maybe Perry is claiming that 95% of all those jobs were created in Texas.

Not 95%, but certainly a good chunk

http://www.willisms.com/archives/EMSI_ExpectedJobs-e1323105299985-1.jpg

Texas added 20,800 jobs in November, bringing the total for the past year to 226,000 jobs. The private sector fared better, adding 22,700 jobs last month and 289,900 over the past year. Texas has experienced 19 consecutive months of positive job growth. And, unlike the national labor force, which is shrinking as people give up and drop out (which ultimately makes the national unemployment rate look better than it actually is), Texas continued to grow its labor force. Even the manufacturing sector added 3,900 jobs last month, bringing the total to 25,200 for the year.

Of course, in addition, Texas cities also make up two of the top four for manufacturing jobs. Plus, five of the top twenty least miserable cities. And four of the top five and nine of the top twenty-five cities for job growth. Moreover, Texas is overperforming on job growth:

want me to talk about our budget surplus next? :ols:

I try to be nice and this is the thanks I get?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, but that is part of the reason why I posted in the older thread. It's not a one week point any more. No, the story isn't the one time drop to the lowest in 4 years. The story is the trend of stories in this thread, and the trend was noticable in December. Yes, it is still way early, but the 4 week moving averages are starting to show some good trends.

Archived