Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT - Dolphins Fire Tony Sparano

Champskins

Tony Sparano is out as head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins have announced a press conference for 4:15 p.m. today, when they will formally announce that Sparano is gone, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports.

Assistant Todd Bowles has been named the Dolphins’ interim head coach.

Sparano’s firing has been expected since early this season, when Miami got off to an 0-7 start. Although the Dolphins started to turn things around in the middle of the year, and there was some sentiment that perhaps Sparano could save his job, any thought that he might stick around went away when the Dolphins got whipped by the Eagles on Sunday.

In four seasons with the Dolphins, Sparano has a 29-33 record.

Sparano is the second NFL head coach to lose his job today, following Todd Haley with the Chiefs, and the third NFL head coach to get fired this season, with Jack Del Rio of the Jaguars preceding Haley and Sparano.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/dolphins-fire-tony-sparano/

And NO, please do not start another thread about "Should we get Tony Sparano or Todd Haley to be our Offense, Defensive, Special Teams, FedEx Plumber, Personal Trainer... etc."

Because everyone will want to fire Shanny or Kyle and hire him. While we're at it lets go after Webb from the Vikings. Trade all our picks to get him. He looked OK yesterday.

Sorry if this wasn't the intention of your post Califan007, but I couldn't resist.

As lots of people have mentioned in reaction to this story, he had a 4-8 team playing hard, with a feeling of "nobody wants to play this team now" about them. That's a good sign in my book.

He won't be unemployed for long. Might never return to the HC parking spot, but there's always a need for good coordinators too.

As lots of people have mentioned in reaction to this story, he had a 4-8 team playing hard, with a feeling of "nobody wants to play this team now" about them. That's a good sign in my book.

He won't be unemployed for long. Might never return to the HC parking spot, but there's always a need for good coordinators too.

He is way more than welcome back in Dallas!

Va fangul, Dolphins. Those ****ing mooks in Miami don't know who the **** they are dealing with. You don't ****ing fire Tony Sparano in the middle of the ****ing season. He just might taking a ****ing baseball bat and bash in someone's ****ing skull. How you like that? You ****ing **** you.

This whole ****ing scenario gives me agita, I'll ****ing tell you that. Someone better get me an annisette to calm my ****ing nerves.

Archived