Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what happens when your draft crush is drafted by someone else?

NewCliche21

Once they're not a Redskin, it's over.

I went to UD, and Joe Flacco is the enemy to me just as much as any other player. I'd be happier seeing him go 0-16 than 16-0. I desire success for my team and my team only.

Same goes for ex-Skins. I loved Carlos Rogers here and didn't understand why he got so much hate. Now? **** Carlos!

I actually wouldn't mind any of Luck, Griffin, or Barkley on the team, I guess you could say I have "crushes" on them. My opinion is whoever we get, that's who was best for the team, and the others aren't going to be as good for us as we might think. So I get over it.

If all declare and if any of them still available when we pick and we pass on them, I would be crushed for the first time EVER. Normally I let the professional do their job. But this year is different. I am willing to take the paiin of losing so that we can draft our QB next year. But so far, based on this year draft, I trust Mike/Bruce in next year draft also.

It isn't worth drooling over a prospected QB or player from any college school because they could get drafted by the Redskins and then "WHAM!" he gets a broken leg and is out for the year and never the same again. They could get drafted by another team and the same thing happen. But what I have seen from our great ES posters on here is that half the time the person they want makes no impact until 2 or 3 years down the line. Some do make it but majority don't. The draft is a crap shoot and drafting the right guy for the teams system is what is important. None of the rookie QB's are making that big of an impact in the league except Cam Newton. Ponder is staring but not lighting it up in Minnesota. Andy Dalton is playing very well in Cincinnati and is properly the guy that is play the best outside of Newton. Almost every QB that was drafted last year, and starting, that people clamored for are on bad, losing teams except Dalton. We had a very good draft last year and we should have another good draft. If we happen to get the QB of the future is it going to be a good one or is it going to be another Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Dante Culpepper, Vince Young, Patrick Ramsey, Trent Green, or John Beck. QB's with talent but not exact fits for the teams that drafted them. They all were above average QB's in College but they could never make their mark on the sport as they were touted as. Heck, Ryan Leaf was suppose to be better than Peyton Manning and that is why the San Diego Chargers selected him#1 overall in that draft. Manning is a Hall of Fame QB with a Super Bowl ring and Ryan Leaf is out of football trying to rebuild his life. The rest are done with football except Young and Beck but it seems like the same will happen with them as the rest. They will have mediocre to below average careers and nothing to really show for it.

just wanna tell you do a little bit of research before you post if you don't wanna look like an idiot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NFL_Draft

in the 1998 draft

Peyton manning was Number 1 overall

Ryan Leaf was Number 2 overall

I have and will always be a fan of T.Y. Hilton. He's been the face of my school's program, he's electric, and him and his family are great people. I'm buying his jersey wherever he gets drafted to as long as it's not a team in our division. I'd be so excited to see him as a Redskin, especially because I think he'll play a Wes Welker kind of role for someone. As long as he's not a Cowboy, Eagle, or Giant, I'll follow him and root for his team (as long as they don't play us).

TYYHGuNkdIU

it's not so much about being disappointed in seeing rival teams get players that I cheer for in college. it's much more about passing on guys when I have a gut feeling that they could be a great fit for our team...and they end up tearing it up on some other team. under this regime, the passing on those players hasn't stood out to me like previous years under Vinny and Co. I get pissed when we miss the real talent in the draft. it doesn't feel like we did that last year given the approach and where we ended up picking. hopefully we'll have another solid draft is all I care about. I'd be elated if it included RG III though.

Yeh, I hate Dwayne Harris went to the Cowgirls. I will route for him, but I still want the Skins to win. I wish we had Chris Johnson as well, but we dont. Linval Joseph who starts for Ny Giants, ah man:( I hope Willie Smith does something with us. Watch out for a guy name Lance Lewis in this upcoming draft as well.

In any case, I hope we land RG3, if we dont there are plenty of other options as well.

If you like BIG HITS check this out. It will be lower right of screen, BIG BLOCK!!!

I don't really have a draft crush any player. I do think that if the big 3 enter the draft, we need to get one of them. The Skins need a franchise QB really bad. This could be the year that we fix the most important position for years. I do get excited when the Skins draft LSU players, but LSU doesn't have a history of producing solid Pro QBs. This year won't be any different.

Archived